At Northern Health, we take care of the residents of Melbourne’s north, by providing a diverse range of health services, at Northern Hospital Epping, Broadmeadows Hospital, Craigieburn Centre and Bundoora Centre. We also collaborate with our partners to help expand the range of healthcare services offered to our culturally rich and diverse community.
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic Grade 2 Clinical Pharmacist to join the team at Northern Health. The Grade 2 Pharmacist has responsibility of overseeing the pharmacy services including ensuring competency, credentialing, supervision and professional development. They will ensure excellence in client care, evidence-based practice, and service improvement and risk management with a key role in the student program, research and innovation. The Pharmacist is primarily responsible for the pharmaceutical review of medications prescribed at Northern Health is in accordance with all relevant legislative, PBS, practice standard and accreditation requirements.
- Providing a pharmaceutical review service in accordance with SHPA standards of practice, pharmacy service, accreditation and legislative requirements ;
- Liaising with other health professionals to support optimum drug therapy;
- Complying with Northern health formulary and standard operating procedures
- Recording service documentation, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other required statistics;
- Maintaining professional competence and continuing education activities so as to assist in teaching pharmacy students and trainees.
The role will require staff to be flexible with their working hours to meet the changing operations demands and can include working after hours, on weekends and public holidays. Staff will be required to travel and work across the various Northern Health campuses, programs, and partner organisations.
Compliance with mandatory training as per NH Policy is a requirement of this role. Failure to complete this training within required timeframes may result in a suspension of duties until training is completed.
In the first instance this role is a permanent full time position at 80 hours per fortnight.
- Experience and good working knowledge of Hospital Pharmacy within a relevant clinical area for a minimum of 5 years
- Practicing Pharmacist registered with APHRA
- Post Graduate Qualification in Clinical Area or progression towards this
We can offer:
- Health and Wellbeing programs, including our new ‘Thrive’ program
- Flexibility in the workplace and extra leave options and support
- An inclusive and culturally safe space
- Access to salary packaging, EAP, our library and onsite car parking.
Next Steps . . .
If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your career, then we would love to hear from you. Please click on the 'Apply' button and follow the prompts. For further details, please contact Carol Ly on 8405 8562 or Carol.Ly@nh.org.au
Work with us! Northern Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, as well as applicants who are LGBTIQ+, who have different abilities, or are from culturally and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds are encouraged.