Sunshine Hospital is seeking experienced Grade 2 Clinical Pharmacists on an ongoing part-time basis at Sunshine Hospital. Ideally the positions will be split 64 hours per fortnight Wednesday to Saturday, and 48 hours per fortnight Sunday to Tuesday.
These positions, under the guidance of the Senior ED Pharmacist, will service a new Rapid Assessment Dsicahrge Unit at Sunshine Hospital.
The successful applicants will have outstanding clinical and interpersonal skills and demonstrate a willingness to develop and maintain their own knowledge as well as contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of innovative Pharmacy Services.
These positions present an exciting and unique opportunity for driven and enthusiastic pharmacists to join the pharmacy team and expand and develop their clinical and organisational skills.
Whilst the position is based at Sunshine Hospital, applicants must be flexible and willing to work across all of the Western Health campuses as required.
To be Successful in this Role you
- Need at least 3 years’ broad experience in providing, high quality clinical pharmacy services to a range of clinical specialties.
- Will provide expert professional knowledge to ensure that patient outcomes are optimised through working to achieve the best quality use of medicines.
- Will assist the Emergency Department Senior Pharmacist, Clinical Pharmacy Co-ordinator and Senior Education Pharmacist by orientating, mentoring and supervising clinical pharmacy staff, pharmacy interns and students and act as a positive role model to junior members of staff.
- Will support the educational and operational activities of the department, such as quality assurance activities and practice research projects.
- Need excellent communication, interpersonal and information technology skills as well as flexibility and ability to assign priorities to responsibilities to meet time constraints and deadlines.
Our workforce of over 9,000 employees are driven by our values of ‘Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Safety’ (CARES). We value our people and provide them the opportunity to grow and develop. Our teams are friendly and supportive, ensuring we deliver a safe, person-centred and connected patient experience.
Western Health is in a period of rapid growth. Our services comprise of four acute public hospitals: Footscray Hospital, Sunshine Hospital (including Joan Kirner Women's and Children's), Williamstown Hospital and Bacchus Marsh & Melton Hospital. We also operate Sunbury Day Hospital, Hazeldean, Grant Lodge Residential Aged Care, as well as community health centres in Melton, Caroline Springs and Bacchus Marsh and a range of community-based services. We care for a diverse community of more than 1 million people with complex care needs ranging from Neonates to Geriatrics.
Our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits such as:
- Professional development support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Salary packaging including novated vehicle leasing
- Work-life balance
Western Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining diversity in our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Western Health is committed to providing a safe environment for the children and young people who are involved in our services, sites and operations. We follow and abide by all legislative requirements to keep children and young people safe.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Police Record Check, an Immunisation status clearance (including evidence of COVID 19 vaccination) and (if applicable) a Working with Children’s Check.
Western Health do not accept unsolicited resumes/applications from Recruitment Agencies.