Job Code: 29243
Employer: Austin Health
Salary: As per hospital pharmacist award - $61,064 to $81,723 depending on experience
Closing application date: 26/05/2019
The objectives of this position are to:
1. provide pharmacy services to patients attending the Austin Health Outpatient Clinics;
2. dispense prescriptions in accordance with the Austin Health Policy and procedures for Dispensing Outpatient, inpatient and Discharge Prescriptions;
3. provide a clinical pharmacy service to inpatients in accordance with the Austin Health Guidelines for the Practice of Clinical Pharmacy;
4. perform aseptic dispensing and non-sterile manufacturing in accordance with the Standards and Guidelines relating to the preparation of sterile and non-sterile pharmaceutical products.
5. supervise pharmacy interns and students;
6. assist in orienting new staff members or staff rotated to the area.
The pharmacist is expected to practice in a variety of areas within the pharmacy across other campuses as required by workload
car parking at reasonable rates,
financial support and encouragement to attend work-related conferences,
close to public transport.
Essential Knowledge and skills:
1. Registered as a pharmacist with AHPRA and with no restrictions.
2. Willingness to work effectively as a pharmacy department team member;
3. Willing to use initiative;
4. Well-developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills;
5. Able to work in a multidisciplinary team environment;
6. Demonstrates a positive attitude and ability to work effectively as a pharmacy department team member;
7. Customer focus approach to work and service quality;
8. Reliable and show due care and attention to accuracy and detail;
9. Commitment to continuing education and professional development;
10. Computer literate.
11. A commitment to Austin Health values: Our actions show we care, we bring our best, together we achieve and we shape the future. www.austin.org.au/about-us
Desirable but not essential:
• Relevant post graduate qualification
• Presentation of paper/poster at Pharmacy conferences
• Previous hospital pharmacy work experience
Austin Pharmacy Department provides comprehensive high quality pharmaceutical care to Austin Health patients and supports other members of the healthcare team in all aspects of medicines management.
Our Department consists of about 130 full time equivalent staff over 3 campuses within Austin Health. The team consists of pharmacists and technical and support personnel who work together to ensure patients receive the highest quality pharmaceutical care possible. We aim for quality use of medicines by providing clinically focused services and giving patient safety the highest priority.
The Pharmacy Department has representatives on all Committees from Medication Management perspective. This includes Medication Management Committee, Drugs and Therapeutics Committee, Adverse Drug Reaction Committee, Cytotoxic Safety Committee, Cerner Medication Module Governance Committee, Drugs Trials Sub-Committee and Nursing Medication Administration Working Party.
Clinical pharmacy services to all inpatients, outpatients and other clinical areas including the Emergency Department and Operating Suite
Ambulatory pharmacy services
Manufacturing of sterile preparations, intravenous admixtures and non-sterile production (including repackaging).
Cytotoxic reconstitution and compounding
Clinical Trial Services
Quality Use of Medicines
Medicine Optimisation Services
Hospital in the Home
Teaching and supervision to intern pharmacists and pharmacy students
Victorian Poisons Information Center
How to ApplyVia this website
Download this position description and apply directly: Further Information:
Contact: Lynn Maggs 03 9496 3170