Full Time Permanent Positions Available
80 Hours Per Fortnight
Northeast Health Wangaratta (NHW) has an opportunity for two friendly, caring and efficient pharmacists to join our dynamic and innovative team as full-time Grade 1 Pharmacists.
NHW is a regional referral public hospital located in the Central Hume region of northeast Victoria, and provides an extensive range of acute, sub-acute, aged care and community services, for patients at all stages of their life. The pharmacy has recently been accredited as an SHPA Residency site, and is committed to developing early career pharmacists.
The successful candidates will be well supported by colleagues and pharmacy technicians to provide dispensing, distribution and clinical pharmacy services to all inpatient areas of our hospital, as part of our clinical pharmacy program. On completing each of the scheduled clinical rotations over a 2-year period, you will have gained broad experience in a variety of clinical practice settings including Critical Care, Surgical (Orthopaedic & General), Perioperative, Emergency, General Medicine, Paediatrics, Geriatrics, Rehabilitation, Mental Health, Day Oncology, HITH, RITH, Pre-Admission Clinic and Palliative Care.
You will also provide education to colleagues, other health professionals and patients, supervise intern pharmacists and pharmacy students, contribute to medication safety and antimicrobial stewardship activities, as well as quality improvement activities and research. After a suitable period of orientation, you will participate in the weekend/on call roster.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- General registration with the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
- Commitment to patient-focussed pharmacy practice and customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to apply clinical knowledge across practice settings.
- Dedication to life-long learning, and continuous professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to model the behaviours and values of NHW.
- Excellent verbal, written and electronic communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to improving pharmacy services.
The successful applicant will enjoy the benefits of competitive remuneration and full salary packaging benefits that are available to Victorian Public Health Sector employees.
Applying for the role:
- Enquiries can be made with David Ford on (03) 5722 5324 or email@example.com
- A PD for this role can be downloaded from the NHW careers website https://www.northeasthealth.org.au/careers/jobs/
- Completed applications, addressing the selection criteria from the PD, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications close on Sunday, 25 October 2020