Closes: 29 February 2024
Classification: Pharmacist Level 4
Salary: $121,747 - $131,067 plus superannuation
Position No: 31334 - 02G4G
Directorate: Canberra Health Services
Advertised (Gazettal date): 05 February 2024
What can we offer you:
- This position affords a high degree of flexibility. Requests to work from home, regardless of location, or other suitable locations, will be considered.
- City living without the traffic – click here to see why you should live in Canberra.
- Competitive pay rates and excellent working conditions within a tertiary hospital.
- Salary Packaging with many options that provide full fringe benefits tax concessions.
- Flexible working conditions.
- 11.5% Superannuation.
- VISA/Sponsorship for eligible candidates.
- Reimbursement of relocation expenses for interstate candidates (subject to review and approval).
About the Role:
The Formulary Management Pharmacist will work with key pharmacy stakeholders and the CHS Drug and Therapeutics Committee to support the safe, quality and cost-effective use of medicines at Canberra Health Service.
The successful candidate will support the Drug and Therapeutics Committee to make evidence-based decisions about access to medicines within CHS. The candidate will also implement the outcomes of these decisions where necessary, liaising with the multi-disciplinary care team, pharmacy purchasing team, medicines suppliers and individual patients where necessary.
For more information regarding the position duties click here for the Position Description.
Please note prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police Check.
- Comply with Canberra Health Services Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination policy.
- Comply with CHS credentialing and scope of clinical practice requirements for allied health professionals.
For more information on this position and how to apply “click here”
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person-centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding region. More information can be found on the CHS website.
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
CHS is committed to workforce diversity and to creating an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, we welcome applications from all diversity groups. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability and people who identify as LGBTQIA+ are particularly encouraged to apply.
Canberra Hospital Expansion Project – CHS is constructing a new critical services building called ‘Building 5’ which is a 44,000sqm nine storey building specifically designed to deliver state-of-the-art acute clinical services at the Canberra Hospital. Building 5 is the largest healthcare infrastructure project undertaken in the Territory’s history and it represents the largest clinical and operational change program to ever be implemented by Canberra Health Services. Building 5 integrates with a number of existing buildings at the Campus including Building 1 and Building 2, to facilitate a seamless public thoroughfare, patient transportation and back-of-house logistics distribution.
North Canberra Hospital - As of 3 July 2023 Calvary Public Hospital Bruce transitioned to CHS and became North Canberra Hospital. The transition will deliver a health system networked under one provider and will provide increased workforce opportunities for staff at both CHS sites. The ACT Government will be building a new northside hospital on the existing hospital campus in Bruce to meet the growing health care needs of our community, with construction to commence mid-decade providing more beds, increased services, and increased career opportunities.