Reporting to the Head of Education, the Event Coordinator role is an integral part of our small and busy team are dedicated to executing high quality virtual and in-person events including our annual national conference.
You are a customer-focused administration professional with a can-do attitude. You’re a great multitasker and an astute administrative and logistics professional. Experience in the events industry would be advantageous.
This is an initial 12-month contract with the potential to be ongoing. The role is full-time (38 hours per week) with flexible working arrangements.
An essential requirement is availability 7 days per week and after hours (a roster system is used to ensure work-life balance). Generous salary packaging is available.
Working as a part of a team:
- Responsible for the planning and delivery of approximately 70 virtual and face to face events per year
- Virtual event delivery including:
- Setting up of virtual delivery platform and training and supporting presenters
- Maximising the use of digital platforms and other technology for delivery of virtual event
- Providing logistical support for virtual events, mostly held on weekends or after hours.
Face to face event delivery including:
- Sourcing & managing venue bookings.
- Managing all logistics including catering, AV and room set up.
- Booking all presenter travel and accommodation
- Development and management of event budgets
- Liaising with presenters, delegates and volunteers
- Event hosting including: greeting/welcoming delegates and introducing speakers
- Management of registrations including, creating event pages on website, tracking registrations and payment
- Maintaining registration data records and providing regular event reports
- Managing the administration of sponsorships, including maintaining a sponsorship database and ensuring all sponsor entitlements are met.
- Coordinate all logistical elements of the annual National conference.
- Providing event support for colleagues
- Liaise with Communications team regarding event marketing.
- Contribute to the coordinating of the annual National conference.
- Some intra and interstate travel will be required.
- Minimum 2 years conference/event experience ideally working for a Professional Conference Organiser or Industry Association
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills with a variety of internal & external stakeholders
- Strong budget and financial understanding, with the ability to identify opportunities that maximise an event’s success.
- Excellent planning, organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- A flair for creativity with exceptional attention to detail
- Highly personable with a willing and positive approach to working within a small team.
- The ability to embrace new technology and its constant updates and changes.
- High level proficiency across the Microsoft Office suite, CRM experience and event management technology, Zoom
- Relevant tertiary qualification in events
- Business development experience
- Experience in the use of CRMs, event management technology
We're proud of who we are and what we can offer our team:
- Generous salary packaging
- Flexible working arrangements around start/finish times
- Friendly & helpful team
- SHPA supports a hybrid work model between our Abbotsford office and WFH
- Office dogs
We foster a collaborative culture and cultivate a positive approach to our day-to-day workload. We like to share a laugh, while remaining serious about the important work we do.
We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, women, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those who identify as LGBTQA+ and mature aged employees.
The Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia (SHPA) is the national professional organisation for more than 5,200 pharmacists, pharmacist interns, students, technicians and associates working across Australia’s health system. SHPA is the only professional pharmacy organisation with a strong base of members practising in public and private hospitals and other health services.
If you'd like to learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit us at www.shpa.org.au.
Sounds good? We'd love to hear from you.