Employer: Australian Medicines Handbook Pty Ltd
Salary: Negotiable, based on qualifications and experience
Closing application date: 06/12/2019
This full time position in our Adelaide CBD offices provides specialised pharmaceutical and medical editorial services and editorial administrative support to Australian Medicines Handbook Pty Ltd (AMH P/L).
Editorial work involves researching, evaluating, writing and editing information included in Australian Medicines Handbook and its related publications. This is achieved with a high level of self-motivation whilst still collaborating in a team.
In addition to editorial work, related administrative processes also need to be completed with a high level of accuracy and in a timely fashion.
Initially a new editor’s tasks will focus on supporting our editorial workflow, but roles and responsibilities may change to assist the further strategic development of the business. Editors report to the Managing Editor through a designated line manager.
Applications will be accepted until close of business on 6 December 2019. Your application should include a current CV and a covering letter that provides contact details for at least two referees and can be emailed to email@example.com
We offer a pleasant, collaborative and flexible work environment. Our centre of CBD offices allow easy access to public transport.
Assistance with relocation will be considered for remote/interstate applicants.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualification in pharmacy, pharmacology or medicine/medical sciences
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience, with broad knowledge of drug use and therapeutics
- Experience in creating drug or therapeutic information using information retrieval and evaluation skills, and consideration of intended audience
- Able to collaborate in a team environment and work under limited direction with a high level of accuracy and meet deadlines
- Able to write clear and concise English
- Computer and technology literate (knowledge of Windows operating system and applications is assumed)
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Experience in the Health sector, in particular hospital or primary health care settings
- Well-developed organisational and interpersonal skills
- Project management training and/or experience
- Familiar with style manuals or technical writing methods
- Understanding of information management and technology
- Familiar with bibliographic data bases and similar medical information resources
- Training in critical appraisal of health literature
- Comfortable with giving and receiving constructive feedback
Our objective is to improve the quality use of medicines in Australia.
We aim to do this by providing evidence-based resources that are concise and easy to use for busy practitioners, but which contains the key information required for better drug treatment and prescribing choices.
AMH Pty Ltd was founded in 1996 by the Australasian Society of Clinical and Experimental Pharmacologists and Toxicologists (ASCEPT), the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) and the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia (PSA). These three professional organisations continue their involvement.
AMH Pty Ltd is independent of government and the pharmaceutical industry.
Our offices are at Level 13, 33 King William Street, Adelaide, South Australia 5000. www.amh.net.au
How to ApplyFurther Information:
Contact: Simone Rossi 08 70998800