Opioid Stewardship Pharmacy Technician – Grade 3
- Part Time (3 days a week), 2 year contract
- Flexible working hours
- Additional hours possible for suitable candidates
- Contract extension possible after 2 years
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
Eastern Health operates five pharmacy departments. Our enthusiastic team of pharmacists and technicians are dedicated to providing high quality, evidence-based care to our patients at the time they are most needed. Our pharmacy department strongly values professional development and clinical education. We have an ongoing commitment to practice-based research and offer opportunities for involvement to all staff.
An exciting new opportunity exists at Eastern Health for a passionate Pharmacy Technician to join our dedicated team in an Opioid Stewardship Pharmacy Technician position. This position is responsible for supporting the establishment of an Opioid Stewardship service at Eastern Health to monitor opioid prescriptions, develop policies and procedures, in addition to education and training packages. The role will report to and support the Opioid Stewardship Pharmacist to provide governance to ensure opioid prescribing practices are consistent with current evidence for safe, quality medication use. The Opioid Stewardship Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician positions will work in conjunction with the Associate Program Director Pharmacy Box Hill Hospital / Clinical Services to develop an Opioid Stewardship Service and to participate in driving improvements in quality and safety of opioid analgesic use.
To be successful in this role you should possess the following.
- Certificate IV in Hospital/Health Services Pharmacy Support awarded by a registered training organisation or equivalent qualification (as approved by the Pharmacy Board of Australia or equivalent body) or suitably qualified graduate in a science discipline
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to hospital policy and procedures.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Able to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills
- Continued demonstrated awareness in changes and trends to practice.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to reports
- Proficient computer and data management skills (i.e. intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and inventory control or dispensing software)
- Current Victorian driver's license
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury position number 23876
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence