- Permanent full-time position
- Not-for-profit sector
- Based in North Melbourne
Lort Smith is Australia’s largest not-for-profit animal hospital with a clear vision to be recognised as the leader in Australia for animal health and wellbeing.
Lort Smith’s mission is to improve the health and happiness of animals and the people who care for them. We do this via three very important streams of work; in our Animal Hospital by providing exceptional veterinary care and preserving the human-animal bond irrespective of a person’s circumstance; in our Adoption Centre by providing sanctuary, rehabilitation, welfare and a new home for animals; and through our Community Outreach programs by promoting responsible pet ownership and nurturing the human-animal bond.
We are currently looking to recruit a permanent full time Dispensary Assistant who would see themselves as progressive, confident and proactive to join our team. The role is responsible for ensuring pharmaceutical services meet veterinary hospital requirements. The required work hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.00pm.
Specific duties will include but not be limited to:
- Preparation and dispensing of medications for inpatients and outpatients.
- Providing nutritional and preventative advice to clients.
- Administration and processing of orders and receiving orders
- Assisting to maintain Hospital stock of drugs disposables and consumables
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Relevant experience in a dispensary environment as an assistant or technician (desirable).
- Veterinary nursing experience an advantage but not essential.
- Experience with electronic ordering and dispensing systems (desirable).
- Ability to work collaboratively with dispensary team members and build rapport with clients.
- Strong organisation and communication skills to deliver exceptional customer service.
- High personal standards of ethics and integrity.
- A flexible, friendly and positive attitude to support the goals and vision of the Lort Smith Animal Hospital.
- Full time role 38 hours over Mon-Fri (9am-4pm) with the flexibility to work some weekends when needed.
If you meet the above criteria, click apply. Applications close Friday 5th March.
To learn more about Lort Smith and the wonderful work we do, please visit www.lortsmith.com
Lort Smith is an equal opportunity employer and supports workplace diversity.