Job Code: 717005
Employer: SA Pharmacy
Salary: Indicative Total Remuneration: $158,746
Closing application date: 21/02/2020
You will be accountable to the Executive Director of SA Pharmacy for providing effective management, leadership and policy direction to facilitate the maintenance of an integrated and contemporary Pharmacy Service. Ensuring services are delivered in accordance with hospital, state and national legislative requirements, you will take the lead for policy development, service planning, management and service evaluation.
You will also be accountable for the strategic and administrative management of financial and human resources in order to ensure a quality, cost efficient, comprehensive and effective Pharmacy Service to consumers of Central Adelaide Local Health Network (CALHN). You will be responsible for the development and promotion of teaching, research and the educational role played by SA Pharmacy within the Local Health Networks (LHNs), Hospitals, Universities and the general community. This will be achieved by creating an environment that fosters research by clinicians and students, and results in a significant contribution to the promotion of evidence-based pharmacy practice and the quality use of medicines.
As a Portfolio Lead for SA Pharmacy, you will provide policy direction and strategic leadership in a delegated area of pharmacy practice and operations across all SA Pharmacy sites.
You will hold an appropriate degree or equivalent qualification which entitles registration with the Pharmacy Board of Australia. With experience in providing strategic leadership in a state-wide service function, you will demonstrate a commitment to clinical governance, quality and business excellence.
Your high level interpersonal and leadership skills will foster the cooperation and support of others, particularly in a team environment and within a multidisciplinary setting.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and compliant Immunisation screening. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Appropriate degree or equivalent qualification which entitles registration with the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
- Post Graduate Qualification in pharmacy or related discipline OR Postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated self-motivation and ability to accept responsibility and co-ordinate own activities while exercising significant levels of independent judgement.
- Demonstrated pro-active approach to the development of pharmacy services in a Hospital facility.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a senior management position relevant to hospital pharmacy practice with an ability to manage, lead and motivate a team of employees whilst stimulating high level performance.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills that foster the co-operation and support of others, particularly in a team environment and in a multi-disciplinary setting.
- Proven ability to advise, consult, liaise and negotiate complex issues and advocate on behalf of the department with a diverse range of people, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Including the ability to conduct thorough analyses and assessments and develop clear, concise reports, plans and recommendations and proficiency in the use of computers and relevant software packages.
- Demonstrated high standard of organisational skills, with the ability to be both innovative and pragmatic when solving problems or pursuing opportunities whilst working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Experience at a senior management level that includes management of multi-disciplinary functions (e.g. financial, human resources, administration, minor works, information technology etc.) including managing a clinical unit within a hospital setting, a proven record of effective management and direction of staff and experience incorporating quality improvement into work practices
- Experience in providing strategic leadership in a state-wide service function, including business process improvement, change management, developing and managing a budget and programme planning or strategic planning and implementation.
- Experience in negotiating outcomes (and/or conflict resolution) that facilitate the achievement of departmental objectives and experience in being an active participant of state or national committees.
- Knowledge of the strategic and operational goals of SA Pharmacy, contemporary management practices and current issues relevant to contemporary hospital pharmacy practice and professional development requirements.
- Knowledge of financial management and budgeting principles and an understanding of the mechanisms for reporting service outcomes.
- Demonstrated commitment to and sound knowledge of the development and management of information technology.Sound knowledge of human resource management practices, including recruitment and performance management.
- Sound knowledge of benchmarking and best practice principles Knowledge of the Australian Health Care System and relevant professional organisations.
- Ability to write and submit articles for publication and contribution to the medical literature through publication in books and/or journals.
- Recognition as a leading authority in one or more areas appropriate to Hospital Pharmacy.
- Significant participation in professional, organisational, state or national working parties, task forces or policy development projects.
- Experience in liaising with educational institutions including lecturing to pharmacy students and/or experience in curriculum development, and evidence of writing submissions for outside funding for research projects.
- Demonstrated pro-active approach to the development of pharmacy services in a major Hospital facility and ability to build partnerships with external health providers and community organisations.
- Knowledge of management information systems relevant to Pharmacy practice and experience with developing and delivering protocols, systems and procedures to assist organisational management.
- Knowledge of relevant State and Commonwealth policies associated with Hospital provision.
How to ApplyDownload this position description and apply directly: Further Information:
Contact: Nichola Brambleby 08 8226 7114