The Australian Pharmacy Council (APC) is seeking a Director to join their team. The Director Examinations will lead the Examinations Team ensuring the continuing delivery of best practice examinations.
APC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people of diversity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
The Australian Pharmacy Council
Working under the National Registration and Accreditation Scheme, the committed team at APC ensure that pharmacists have the skills and knowledge to provide effective and contemporary health care for our communities. This is achieved by:
- accrediting university and intern training programs
- conducting examinations and assessments
- assessing overseas qualifications and skills.
APC is a thriving contemporary organisation that assures and advances quality in pharmacy education. By developing a collaborative culture they have become a high performing team that live their values of respect, fairness, transparency, creativity, support and life-long learning every day.
Director Examinations responsibilities
The Director Examinations is a new position and reports to the Executive Director Professional Services. They are responsible for:
- leading the Examinations Team to inspire maximum performance to deliver our suite of examinations
- working with the Executive to identify, develop and implement our strategic directions and quality improvements
- ensuring high-quality, robust, defensible and transparent examination services
- fostering and maintaining collaborative relationships with relevant stakeholders in examinations and assessments
- assessing and managing examination risks, policies and processes
- identifying and delivering projects to advance examination methodology and delivery
- contributing and managing the Examinations Committee and other working/reference groups
- engaging with and representing APC in external forums including the pharmacy profession and other accreditation authorities.
As the successful candidate, you will be tertiary qualified in a relevant field, or demonstrate extensive experience in a similar role. While it is not essential, your experience in the pharmacy sector would provide you with a competitive advantage. Alternatively your background in health or higher education will also be highly valued in this role.
Critically, your knowledge of examinations more broadly will be essential to your success, including governance, performance measurement and management of Intellectual Property (IP) .
Complementary to this technical knowledge are your exceptional stakeholder management and leaderships skills.
Benefits of working with the APC
- Contribute to the quality of pharmacy education and healthcare in Australia
- Work in a collaborative environment with high performing teams
- Flexible working arrangements within modern office and some Work From Home (WFH)
- Free parking
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- Access to training and development opportunities
If you are looking for an interesting and challenging role where you can use your assessment knowledge in advancing standards of pharmacy assessment, please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant skills, experience and interest in the role to Elliott Gray.
For more information please contact:
Elsa Gray-Murphy, Director, Elliott Gray
0402 092 595
Applications close 5pm AEDT Friday 5th March 2021