Austin Health is a leading specialist tertiary and quaternary health service. We’re recognised for our high-quality, safe, person-centred care, our leading teaching and research and as a place where staff and volunteers are proud to work.
The Pharmacy Department provides comprehensive care to Austin Health patients and supports other members of the healthcare team in all aspects of medicines management.
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated and experienced senior pharmacist to become the Deputy Director of Pharmacy and oversee the provision and maintenance of high-quality, efficient and innovative pharmacy services and operations at Austin Health. This is a permanent full-time position.
- Registered as a pharmacist with AHPRA and with no restrictions
- Have at least 10 years of post-registration hospital pharmacy experience
- Relevant post graduate qualification (minimum Masters level)
- Well-developed knowledge in clinical pharmacy, dispensary and operational services
- Proven ability to use initiative, identify and solve problems.
- High level commitment to performance management and the provision of high-quality care to patients
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to manage and supervise staff
- Ability to represent the pharmacy department on committees (internal and external)
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- A commitment to continuous quality improvement process and ongoing change
How to apply
Written applications must be submitted on-line via the Austin Health Careers website.
Candidates will need to register on the site to submit an application.
Applications close on Friday December 10th.