Job Code: Job Number: 01MP5
Employer: Canberra Health Services
Salary: $124,891 - $140,596
Closing application date: 02/12/2019
Pharmacist Level 5 – Deputy Director of Pharmacy-Quality Use of Medicines, Research and Education (Job Number: 01MP5)
Job Title: Deputy Director of Pharmacy-Quality Use of Medicines, Research and Education
Classification: Pharmacist Level 5
Position Number: 21791
Annual Salary: $124,891 – $140,596
Branch: Medical Services
Section: Pharmacy Services
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 2 December 2019
Contact Officer: Daniel Lalor (02) 5124 2121 firstname.lastname@example.org
Canberra Health Services
Our Vision: creating exceptional health care together
Our Role: to be a health service that is trusted by our community
Our Values: Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is focussed on the delivery of high quality, effective, person centred care. It provides acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services, to the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)—a catchment of approximately 400,000 people. It also services the surrounding Southern New South Wales region which includes the Bega Valley, Bombala, Cooma-Monaro, Eurobodalla, Goulburn, Mulwaree, Palerang, Queanbeyan, Snowy River, Upper Lachlan Shire and the Yass Valley.
CHS administers a range publicly funded health facilities, programs and services including but not limited to:
- The Canberra Hospital: a modern 600-bed tertiary hospital providing trauma services and most major medical and surgical sub-specialty services.
- University of Canberra Hospital Specialist Centre for Rehabilitation, Recovery and Research: a dedicated and purpose-built rehabilitation facility, with 140 inpatient beds, 75-day places and additional outpatient services.
- Four Walk-in Centres: which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Seven community health centres: providing a range of general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- A range of community-based health services including early childhood services, youth and women’s health, dental health, mental health and alcohol and drug services.
Overview of the work area and position:
The Office of the Executive Director of Medical Services (EDMS) includes the Physician Training Office, Medical Officer Support, Credentialing, Employment and Training Unit (MOSCETU), GP Liaison Unit (GPLU), Pathology, Pharmacy, Medical Imaging and Library Services.
The Canberra Health Services (CHS) Pharmacy Department have a dynamic, talented team of approximately 100 staff, including: pharmacists, technicians, administration staff and a clinical nurse educator. The department provides a range of clinical services to inpatients and outpatients including a number of specialised services.
The department provides a range of clinical services to inpatients and outpatients including a number of specialised services. Under the direction of the Director of Pharmacy, the Deputy Director of Pharmacy- Quality Use of Medicines, Research and Education (QuRE) will lead and manage a team of dedicated and skilled staff to provide an outward looking service that aims to improve patient outcomes across Canberra Health Services.
The QuRE team provides support to a number of work areas including:
- Medication Safety and Quality
- Medicines Information
- Investigational Medicines
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Clinical Information Systems
- Formulary Management
This position works closely with the Deputy Director of Pharmacy- Operations and Support and Deputy Director of Pharmacy- Clinical, and will assume the responsibilities of the Director of Pharmacy when required. It also includes a range of pharmacy services on weekends and after hours as rostered.
- Appropriate Pharmacist qualifications and eligibility for registration as a Pharmacist with the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in management, research, clinical pharmacy and/or education.
- Publication in peer reviewed journals.
- SHPA Membership.
- At least seven years’ experience working in hospital pharmacy across a wide variety of areas.
- Hold a current driver’s licence.
Prior to commencement successful candidates will be required to:
- Undergo a pre-employment National Police check.
- Comply with CHS credentialing and scope of clinical practice requirements for allied health professionals.
- Obtain a Compliance Certificate from OMU (Occupational Medicine Unit) relating to assessment, screening and vaccination processes against specified infectious diseases.
Note: Ability to work across multiple CHS sites.
1. Provide leadership, management and support to all area within the QuRE team.
2. Undertake workforce planning and development of direct and indirect reports to meet current and future needs of the organisation.
3. Proactively develop own knowledge and expertise to serve the functions of the role and the environment keeping abreast of relevant emerging trends in medication safety and other QuRE related services.
4. Represent the pharmacy department, CHS and ACT Health through professional leadership and advocacy, and liaise with internal and external agencies as required, including national pharmacy, medication safety and quality, safety, research or education related networks.
5. Develop and contribute to policy and procedure review, relevant projects and contribute to departmental and agency corporate and/or clinical governance, strategic policy and planning, and service review.
6. Lead practice based research, QUM initiatives, research and accreditation activities across the pharmacy department, CHS and ACT Health, and drive the publication and/or presentation of this work.
7. Undertaking other duties as directed, within the approved scope of clinical practice ensuring the delivery of high-quality person and family centred, safe and high-quality patient care.
These are the key criteria for how you will be assessed in conjunction with your resume and experience. Your statement of claims against the selection criteria should summarise how your skills and experiences would enable you to fulfil the responsibilities of the position. It is therefore in the interests of candidates to present their application in a way that demonstrates significant outcomes associated with each of the criteria, as well as the capabilities and behaviours that underpin them. (Please note that it is not necessary to address the capabilities and behaviours individually).
1. Proven high level management and leadership skills, including experience managing teams, and contribution to departmental and agency corporate and/or clinical governance, and strategic policy development and planning.
2. Demonstrated expert level of competence, expertise, skills and ability to apply clinical judgment to a range of pharmacy services including (but not limited to) medicines information, medication safety, medicines utilisation and review, quality improvement, practice based research activities, and health service accreditation.
3. Demonstrated high level interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to engage, partner, influence, consult, negotiate and liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders and to build and maintain effective working relationships.
4. Demonstrated commitment to and proven experience in education and training, and the ability to impart knowledge and skills to pharmacy staff, students, and external professional disciplines and stakeholders.
5. Demonstrates a commitment to work, health and safety (WH&S) and the positive patient experience and displays behaviour consistent with Canberra Health Service’s values of Reliable, Progressive, Respectful and Kind.
How To Apply
To complete your application, you must prepare responses to the Selection Criteria and upload this as part of your application along with a current curriculum vitae. For more information on how to apply go to http://www.health.act.gov.au/employment/how-apply. For further information about the position and a copy of the performance expectations and jobs demands checklist, please contact the Contact Officer above.
Job: Allied Health
Salary Range: 124,891.00 – 140,596.00
Contact Name: Daniel Lalor
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 2/Dec/2019, 11:59:00 PM
How to ApplyVia this website
Contact: Daniel Lalor 02 5124 2121