Job Code: 203369
Employer: Epic Pharmacy
Salary: Remuneration in line with NSW Health Employees Pharmacists (STATE) Award
Closing application date: 05/02/2020
- Opportunity to expand your leadership skills
- Join as Deputy Director of Pharmacy (Operations)
- Remuneration in line with NSW Health Employees Pharmacists Award
About Epic Pharmacy:
Epic Pharmacy is one of Australia’s leading speciality pharmacy providers. We deliver top quality medication management and pharmacy services to hospitals and their patients in both the public and private sectors. Underpinned by clinical excellence and a commitment to customer care, Epic delivers innovative medication management solutions for hospital, aged care and oncology facilities.
As part of Icon Group, we follow and live by the same values of Innovate, Connect, On-Purpose, Energy and Nurture.
About the role:
Join our supportive team on a permanent full-time basis. Located in Frenchs Forest, you will work at the state of the art Northern Beaches Hospital. The Hospital is the result of the most significant public and private investment into a single health facility in NSW. We are looking for an operational leader who is passionate for quality patient care and is process-driven. This site provides patient-centred, personalised care to almost 500 beds covering both public and private patients.
This is an exciting opportunity to expand your career in a dynamic multidisciplinary environment while being part of a highly developed and integrated clinical team.
- Lead and manage the pharmacy operations through the safe and accurate provision of dispensing services, collection of prescriptions and the delivery of dispensed medication and counselling
- Support clinical and distribution-related pharmacy services, ensuring compliance with *SHPA practice standards and relevant legislation
- Facilitate the provision of efficient drug distribution within the hospital, including the provision of after-hours access to medications
- Provide oversight to oncology pharmacy services ensuring clinical, supply and manufacturing services comply with legislative and contract requirements
- Manage, coach, mentor and support the staff working in the department through performance management, training, supervision as per Epic Pharmacy policies
- Ensure staff are adequately equipped by identifying gaps in their knowledge or skills and encourage their continuing education
- Assist the Director of Pharmacy in all aspects of Pharmacy services
- Provide timely and accurate advice on clinical use of medicines to patients, carers, hospital staff and associated employees
- Remuneration in line with NSW Health Employees Pharmacists (STATE) Award
- Paid parental leave
- Rewards program and staff benefits
- Annual company events
- Unique professional development opportunities across the business
- Informative induction and training provided
- Current Pharmacist registration with AHPRA
- Demonstrated management knowledge and an understanding of efficient performance and processes in a hospital pharmacy
- Demonstrated leadership skills, the ability to promote teamwork and to supervise pharmacy staff
- Demonstrated ability to independently solve problems
- Proven time management skills, with demonstrated ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
We are a values-driven organisation and our leaders are strong believers in empowering people to thrive in their career through personal and professional growth and development. We are professionals at what we do, but still embrace a fun and collaborative culture celebrating our achievements and milestones.
How to ApplyVia this website
Contact: Ines Rajak