Employer: Echuca Regional Health
Salary: Dependent on experience and qualifications
Closing application date: 14/01/2019
- Part time fixed term role (01/04/2019 – 03/04/2020)
- Maternity Leave Cover
- This position may be suitable for someone who can be seconded from their current position for 12 months, to gain experience in a leadership role. Directors of Pharmacy are invited to enquire if this may be an option for their staff.
- Echuca Regional Health is the winner of the 2018 Premier’s Medium Health Service of the Year, and is an innovative health service with a pharmacy department that has a strong focus on utilising technology to optimise medication safety.
Applications are sought from suitably qualified Deputy Director of Pharmacy, who wants to grow and develop their career. Applicants should be highly motivated with a good work ethic and previous experience as a senior hospital pharmacist. They will be able to perform well in a team and communicate effectively with patients and staff. Applicants should be able to demonstrate their interest in professional development.
You will work closely with a team of pharmacists and technicians who are committed to delivering patient focused services to Echuca Regional Health. A strong commitment to team work, flexibility and organisation skill is essential to deliver high quality patient focused pharmaceutical care.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Director of Pharmacy and deputising as required.
- Management of the pharmacy department staff, including maintain rosters, staffing levels and facilitate department meetings.
- Develop and review local operating procedures and review the implementation of policies against key performance indicators and risk objectives.
- Generate reports on pharmacy department performance and KPIs
- Taking a lead role in medication safety and ensuring the requirements for compliance with NSQHS accreditation Standard 4 (Medication Safety) are met.
- Supervision and support of other pharmacy personnel, including a lead role in the CARE matters programme.
- Provide leadership for quality projects and participate in relevant committees and meetings
- Oversee the provision of pharmacy services to other regional sites
- Participation in the on-call and weekend roster
Our team requires someone who has:
- Qualifications in B.Pharm
- Registration with AHPRA
- Relevant clinical post-graduate qualification such as a Masters in Clinical Pharmacy Practice or equivalent
- A portfolio that demonstrates work towards credentialling as an Advanced Practice Pharmacist is desirable
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and decision making skills
- Proven experience and competence as a senior hospital pharmacist
- Strong interpersonal skills, sound oral and written communication skills
This position requires completion of a satisfactory National Police Check prior to appointment.
How to apply
Your application must outline how your skills, knowledge and personal attributes relate to the key selection criteria.
All applicants are encouraged to apply online via the website http://www.erh.org.au/education-item/join-the-team/. If you experience technical difficulty please contact: 1300 366 356 for assistance.
If you require access to a computer to complete your online application please contact our Education Department: 03 54855286.
Applications must include:
1. A covering letter;
3. Completed online questionnaire; and
4. Three professional referees.
Enquiries about this position should be directed to Chris Turner (Director of Pharmacy), on: (03) 54855986
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Applications close midnight on 14th January 2019
Employee and family benefits include:
- Comprehensive learning and development program
- Flexible employment practices
- Salary packaging
- Extended employee assistance program (including support for family members)
- Employee health and wellbeing initiatives
- Employee recognition program
- Free onsite parking
KSC1 – Outstanding leadership skills, with a demonstrated high level management experience
KSC2 – Ability to lead and work as part of a team, as well as independently and demonstrate high level communication skills
KSC3 – Significant experience and skills in hospital pharmacy practice
KSC4 – Experience in risk management and service improvement
KSC5 – Ability to work effectively in a clinical team
KSC6 – Supervision skills and experience
KSC7 – Ability to meet deadlines and set objectives
How to ApplyVia this website
Download this position description and apply directly: Further Information:
Contact: Chris Turner (03) 5485 5986