- Temporary Full time Parental Leave role
- Gain experience working with the largest health care provider in the Geelong Region
- Enjoy the benefits that Barwon Health offers, with opportunities to develop further skills
About the facility
The Department provides clinical pharmacy services, aseptic and oncology preparation, Hospital in the Home and outpatient services. A high degree of specialisation exists in clinical pharmacy roles, clinical trials, medication safety, medicines information, antimicrobial stewardship and radiopharmacy. Service expansion has included at home pharmacy services.
The Pharmacy Department is actively involved in undergraduate and postgraduate pharmacy education and in the medical course at Deakin University. Pharmacy practice research is a focus with local and collaborative projects with universities, particularly Monash University and other healthcare facilities. Staff are supported for continuing education and postgraduate studies. The Society of Hospital Pharmacists Australia residency program is offered.
The Pharmacy is innovative in its approach to practice with electronic discharge prescribing and a robotic dispensing and inventory system. Quality use of medicines and medication safety activities are led by pharmacy across campuses. Pharmacy technicians support clinical pharmacists and undertake sterile and oncology preparation. An exciting redevelopment, the Beth Allerton Family Oncology Pharmacy has been completed to provide increased capacity for chemotherapy preparation, clinical trials, dispensing and patient counselling.
About the role
- Assist the COVID vaccination program as part of the pharmacy COVID team eg vaccine preparation, logistics, immunisation, oral anti-viral management
- Provide a clinical pharmacy service including resolving medication related issues and COVID medicine drug interactions, completing the Medication Reconciliation Process, providing medicines information, counselling patients and assisting provision of oral COVID antiviral agents
- Ensure appropriate drug utilization through implementation of hospital policy and formulary guidelines/restrictions, and through liaison with medical and nursing staff.
- Participate in appropriate planning meetings.
- Participate in the intern and student programs.
- Initiate and participate in clinical pharmacy research projects and present at professional conferences, where appropriate.
- Assist team members in delivering a clinical pharmacy service
- Ensure all work is complete accurately on time and in accordance with Barwon Health policies and procedures.
You will have the opportunity to be part of a highly skilled, professional, friendly and dedicated team who take pride in providing high quality service. Barwon Health provides a supportive environment that encourages professional growth and education in our specialist areas.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development
- Access to employee wellness facility
- Salary packaging
- Social club
- Relocation and sponsorship support options
- Doorstep to the Great Ocean Road, Bellarine Peninsula and the Surf Coast
Sitting within one of Victoria’s six regional health centres, Barwon Health serves the community of Greater Geelong and beyond. Victoria’s second largest city after Melbourne! Derived from the local Wathaurong Aboriginal name for the region Jillong, Geelong is thought to mean ‘land’ or ‘cliffs’.
- Enjoy a range of lifestyle choices including inner city, coastal, suburban and rural homes at affordable prices.
- High standard of schooling options throughout the area
- A stone throw from the Surf Coast and Great Ocean Road
- Appreciate beautiful parks, rivers, walks and wineries
- To find out more about the Geelong region, visit our Moving to the Region page on the Barwon Health website.
At Barwon Health we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce where we value each person’s uniqueness. We embrace diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation.
At Barwon Health we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
We at Barwon Health strongly encourage people with disability and diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, Please contact the Talent Acquisition team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch.
We Barwon Health are proud to be Totally Smoke Free.
This role must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and meet the requirements of the Barwon Health Immunisation Policy.