Job Code: AUC05821
Employer: Auckland District Health Board
Closing application date: 18/08/2019
- New Zealand’s leading public hospital
- Full-time permanent position
- Great opportunity to shape the learning of pharmacists current and future
Auckland District Health Board (Auckland DHB) is one of the largest healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
About the department
Our Pharmacy department is an innovative and exciting place to work. We employ over 100 staff including those working within two retail pharmacies, Aseptic Production Unit and a flagship inpatient service. We serve over 1200 inpatient beds. Our guiding principle is to put the patient first in everything we do. We are committed to do and be our best, to value and support all staff, to work together with trust respect and honesty, and display commitment and accountability to provide a high quality service to our patients.
About the position
This role is responsible for facilitating the teaching of relevant and up to date clinical practice to the undergraduate pharmacy programme at University of Auckland School of Pharmacy and support staff development at Auckland DHB. Apart from teaching BPharm course students at Auckland University, within Auckland DHB you will be responsible for:
- supporting experiential learning for placements students
- facilitating workplace based learning for clinical pharmacy staff
- supporting colleagues to develop their teaching skills
- provide a high level, comprehensive and professional clinical pharmacy service to a specified group of patients.
Auckland DHB is the largest teaching hospital in New Zealand and we have a lot that we can offer you:
- Training and support to further develop teaching skills
- Continuous improvement and development opportunities
- A great team environment and supportive work culture
- Subsidised gym membership, free gym classes run by 5Points Gym
- Discounts at a variety of businesses, free eye test
As the ideal person for this role, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Either registered or be eligible for registration with the Pharmacy Council of New Zealand and hold a current Annual Practising Certificate. For details visit www.pharmacycouncil.org.nz
- At least 3 years of clinical pharmacy experience in a hospital
- A passion for training with demonstrated ability to develop others with a facilitative approach to teaching
- Drive, energy and initiative with excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Pro-active and can-do approach with the ability to be flexible and work autonomously as well as in a team.
Auckland DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that values and embraces the diverse population we serve. We welcome and respect people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disabilities and religions. Apply now and join us to make a positive difference and to “do your life’s best work at Auckland DHB”.
For an informal chat, ring current post holders Michelle Guo 09 307 4949 x 29643, Adam Wright-St.Clair 09 307 4949 x 29727 or Clinical Lead Pharmacist Clinical Services Ziyen Lam 09 307 4949 x 29611 or email: AWrightSt@adhb.govt.nz,MichGuo@adhb.govt.nz or ZiyenL@adhb.govt.nz
Please apply online at http://careers.adhb.govt.nz/health-careers-job-search/details/AUC05821 and submit your application attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter. For help with your application please email, Sonu Anand, Recruitment Consultant on Sonua@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref # AUC05821
Closing date is 18 August 2019.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visitwww.kiwihealthjobs.com
How to ApplyVia this website
Contact: Sonu Anand +64 9 638 0429