Job Code: 2621
Employer: Katherine Hospital
Salary: Salary $80,049 - $95,996 depending on experience (with additional superannuation, leave loading and the value of 2 weeks extra recreation leave). Total remuneration package $92,625 - $110,802.
Closing application date: 23/01/2019
Job Type: Temporary – Full Time
Starting ASAP until 17th May 2019
Primary Objective: Responsible for the direct provision of all required pharmaceutical services to clients and staff of Katherine Hospital including in-patient and outpatient dispensing, supervision of technical staff; ward based clinical services, manufacturing and the provision of drug information and education to hospital staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a ward based clinical pharmacy service in accordance with departmental guidelines to nominated wards.
- Supervise technical staff in accordance with the Medicines, Poisons and Therapeutic Goods Act and the Health Practitioners Act.
- Assist with in-patient, outpatient dispensing and related counselling.
- Assist with provision of pharmacy services to specialised areas such as renal and oncology.
- Provide culturally appropriate drug information and continuing education for clients and other hospital staff when required.
- Assist in drug distribution, the manufacturing of pharmaceuticals products, and maintenance of accurate prescription records.
- Assist in the monitoring of drug use and implementation of pharmaceutical related policies within the Top End Health Service (TEHS).
- Actively promote and participate in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) initiatives including staff capacity and professional development activities related to medication management.
- Follow defined service quality standards, Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe services and workplaces.
- Foster a positive workplace culture through exemplary leadership practices and role modelling behaviour.
Hours of work are 8am to 4.21pm Monday to Friday.
Further Information: Department of Health has a Smoke Free Policy. Staff are not permitted to smoke anywhere on Departmental premises, facilities or vehicle nor whilst working off-site. The preferred or recommended applicant will be required to hold a current working with children clearance notice and undergo a criminal history check. A criminal history will not exclude an applicant from this position unless it is relevant to the position
- Six weeks paid annual leave with 17% loading
- Three weeks personal leave per annum
- Superannuation contributions of 9.5% are paid by the NT government
- Salary sacrifice of up to $9 010 into personal loans or the purchase of lap tops and other work related technologies.
- Salary sacrifice into superannuation
- Registration as a Pharmacist with the Pharmacy Board of Australia and current experience in clinical pharmacy practice.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Demonstrated leadership ability that includes interpersonal and conflict resolution and problem solving capability.
- Demonstrated competency in written and oral communication including report writing and computer literacy.
- Willingness and ability to travel and spend some nights away from Katherine as part of departmental roster to cover NT hospitals and hold a current NT driver’s licence or the ability to obtain.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with people from diverse cultures.
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience.
- Postgraduate clinical qualification.
- Previous experience working in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island health.
The Katherine Hospital is an accredited 60-bed non-specialist medical, diagnostic and treatment facility, which caters for the needs of the population of Katherine Town and District.
Katherine Hospital services the Katherine region and remote areas, covering and area of approximately 340 000 km2 between the Western Australian and Queensland borders and extending as far as Dunmarra to the south and Pine Creek to the north. The population of the Katherine region is approximately 19 000 with an annual tourist presence of more than 500 000 visitor nights.
Visit our website: www.health.nt.gov.au
How to ApplyDownload this position description and apply directly: Further Information:
Contact: Mel Goss (08) 8973 9237