Employer: Royal Darwin Hospital & Palmerston Regional Hospital
Salary: Salary $78,097 - $93,655 depending on experience (with additional superannuation, leave loading and the value of 2 weeks extra recreation leave). In addition, overtime is paid for weekend and on-call work.
Closing application date: 15/03/2018
If you are interested in pursuing a career in the NT and keen to enjoy life in the balmy tropics, this is an exciting opportunity to join our clinical pharmacy team and be involved in providing medicines management services within a multi-disciplinary team. These are rotational clinical pharmacist positions and previous hospital pharmacy experience will be considered favourably.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide a ward based clinical pharmacy service in accordance with departmental guidelines to nominated wards.
- Provide supervision and support to pharmacy interns, technical staff and students in accordance with Northern Territory Medicines, Poisons and Therapeutic Goods Act.
- Dispensing medications for inpatient, outpatient and discharge supply including related counselling, and the manufacture of pharmaceuticals.
- Provide culturally appropriate medicines information and education for clients and hospital staff when required.
- Assist with data collection for pharmacy service evaluation and to ensure compliance with the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standard 4, Medication Safety and deliver workplace improvements.
- Assist with drug distribution and maintenance of accurate prescription records.
- Actively contribute to the continuing professional development of self and others through in-services and training.
- Participate in regular clinical rotations to Department of Health hospitals when required.
- Contribute to the weekend, on-call, and after hour’s roster as required.
- Follow defined service quality standards, work health and safety policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe services and workplaces
Hours of work: 8.00am to 4.21pm Monday to Friday.
The department is open from 9am to 4pm on weekends and public holidays. You will be required to participate in the weekend and on-call rosters.
Department of Health has a Smoke Free Policy. Staff are not permitted to smoke anywhere on Departmental premises, facilities or vehicle nor whilst working off-site.
- Six weeks paid annual leave with 17% loading
- Three weeks personal leave per annum
- Superannuation contributions of 9% are paid by the NT government
- Salary sacrifice of up to $9 010 into personal loans or the purchase of lap tops and other work related technologies.
- Salary sacrifice into superannuation
Short-term on-site accommodation may be available for a nominal rent, subject to availability.
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Pharmacy and Registration as a Pharmacist with the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
- Demonstrated sound level of current clinical pharmacy practice and knowledge.
- Proven ability to contribute positively to the workplace, deliver workplace improvements, and willingness to participate in continuing education activities both of self and provision of sessions to hospital staff members.
- Ability to think laterally and problem solve independently with initiative.
- Sound communication skills both written and oral and ability to contribute effectively as active member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated time management skills to allow the prioritisation and completion of tasks within expected timeframes.
- An awareness and understanding of Indigenous culture and an ability to interact effectively with people from diverse cultures.
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience or post graduate clinical qualification (desirable).
The preferred or recommended applicant will be required to hold a current Working with Children clearance and undergo a criminal history check. A criminal history will not exclude an applicant from this position unless it is relevant to the position.
Royal Darwin Hospital (RDH) is fully accredited and the premier teaching hospital in the Northern Territory with over 350 beds. It has links with links with Flinders Medical School and the Charles Darwin University.
Specialties include Aboriginal health, renal medicine, critical care units (both adult and neonatal), tropical diseases, mental health services and hyperbaric medicine in addition to standard medical, surgical and paediatric areas.
The Palmerston Regional Hospital (PRH) project will see the development of a new Level 3 Public Hospital, Phase 1 being a 116 bed facility with future expansion capacity. PRH will work as a component of an integrated and networked group of hospitals across the Top End of the NT, where all services are delivered by the Northern Territory Department of Health, through the Top End Health Service (TEHS). Royal Darwin Hospital will continue to play an important part in supporting the Level 3 hospitals (Palmerston, Gove and Katherine) as the tertiary hospital in an integrated network health service.
Visit our website:
The RDH pharmacy department is modern and progressive. The department is made up of 25 pharmacists and 20 pharmacy technicians.
Services provided include ward based clinical and drug information services, in-patient and out-patient dispensing, sterile and non-sterile manufacturing. The regional pharmacy provides services to remote health centres giving you the opportunity to deliver clinical pharmacy services to patients and staff living in the outback.
We have a strong commitment to professional development and will support the successful candidate to further their clinical skills.
The department has close links with Charles Darwin University and provides teaching services to the undergraduate pharmacy degree program and is developing joint practice research projects.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest from pharmacists with previous hospital pharmacy experience who are enthusiastic and motivated to join our clinical pharmacy team.
The Northern Territory is a great place to live and work – there are any number of statistics to back this up. Like the fact that the Territory has a young multi cultural population, a rich culture, great schools and strong employment growth.
The climate is tropical and supports a relaxed, outdoor lifestyle. Spectacular natural attractions such as Litchfield and Kakadu National Parks and the Kimberley region which attract thousands of international tourists each year are within easy reach.
The Territory is building on it’s strengths to make the future even brighter and is filled with opportunity – for individuals and for families.
“The Northern Territory – come share our story”
How to ApplyVia this website
Contact: Ms Tristen Pogue A/Clinical Pharmacy Manager, Tristen.email@example.com (08) 8922 8424