About the role
South West Healthcare (SWH) is seeking a qualified Clinical Pharmacist - Oncology to join our Pharmacy team. This role will be responsible for providing clinical pharmacy services to oncology patients and areas. The Clinical Pharmacist will support the Manager of Pharmacy Cancer Services with clinical and manufacturing oncology processes, including clinical trials.
This position will be an addition to the current Pharmacy Cancer Services team which currently consists of the Manager, a pharmacy technician and another rotational pharmacist. This busy area manages manufacturing and clinical services to the Day Oncology Unit, which averages around 15 patient treatments per day, Monday to Thursday each week. Additional duties include outpatient cancer medication supply, chemotherapy protocols and shorter rotations to other hospital areas.
- Permanent, Full Time (80 hours per fortnight) with a monthly ADO
What you bring
As the successful applicant you will require the following:
- Full Pharmacy Board of Australia (AHPRA) registration with no restrictions to the scope of practice
- Hospital and clinical pharmacy experience.
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to work in and promote a multidisciplinary team environment.
- An ability to provide education to interns, undergraduate and postgraduate students.
While not essential, the following attributes would be desirable
- Oncology experience, including chemotherapy compounding.
- Understanding of the PBS system, particularly with HSD and chemotherapy.
- CHARM chemotherapy prescribing program experience
- iPharmacy dispensing software experience
What we offer
You will enjoy benefits such as:
- Excellent salary packaging options including meals & entertainment, novated leasing and additional superannuation contribution.
- Internal and external professional development opportunities.
- Ongoing supervision and training.
- A range of internal development opportunities focusing on personal development such as resilience and mentoring workshops and comprehensive leadership programs.
- Excellent terms and conditions of employment.
Who we are
As an organisation SWH prides themselves on their values: Care, Respect, Excellence, Integrity and Leadership and their overall dedication to the local community. Learn more about SWH here.
SWH respects all individuals and promote equity and inclusion of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of all genders, sexual orientations, abilities, ages, racial, cultural and religious backgrounds and socio- economic status.
SWH is the major specialist referral centre for the Barwon South West sub-region, and provides a comprehensive range of acute, sub-acute, specialist, community, mental health and aged services.
With a population of 39,000 and a catchment of 100,000 Warrnambool is the regional centre to Victoria’s Great South Coast.
To learn about the vibrant town and region please visit: http://www.warrnambool.com/
How to apply
Submit your application by selecting the Apply button below and include a cover letter and resume by Sunday 5 November 2023. Please ensure you address the selection criteria as outlined in the position description.
Employment Terms and Conditions will be in line with the Victorian Public Health Sector (Medical Scientists,
Pharmacists And Psychologists) Single Interest Enterprise Agreement 2021-2026, with the appropriate classification Pharmacist Grade 2 $90,812.80 - $102,757.20 pro rata.
The successful applicant will be required to be eligible for and undergo the following:
- Police Record Check
- Employee Working with Children’s Check
- Current Immunisation status
Note: If you experience any difficulties with this website, please email: email@example.com
Contact Person Name & Email:
Gavin Flett, Deputy Director of Pharmacy 03) 55634181 or firstname.lastname@example.org