Job Code: VG/20191024_06
Employer: Albury Wodonga Health
Salary: As per award
Closing application date: 17/11/2019
Clinical Pharmacist – Mental Health
Permanent full time position
Classification: Grade 1 or 2 depending on experience
Business Unit / Department: Pharmacy Department
Award: Health Employees Pharmacists (STATE) Award
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours per Week: 40 Hours (incl ADO)
Closing Date: 17/11/2019
The Mental Health Clinical Pharmacist is a new position with opportunities to develop the scope and objectives of the position. This specialty position is responsible for the management of the provision of pharmacy services to the Mental Health service across Albury Wodonga Health.
Whilst the position is based at Albury Hospital, it is expected that the position will also deliver community based services to all AWH Mental Health services, with sites at Beechworth, Wangaratta, Albury and Wodonga.
- Dispense medications for inpatients, outpatients and discharge patients including supply of non-imprest medications, supply of restricted substances and aseptic and non-aseptic manufacturing
- Provide a ward based (or specialty based) clinical pharmacy service including clinical pharmacy review, clinical interventions, completion of medication reconciliation within Emergency and Mental Health areas
- Provide consultation, liaison and clinical pharmacy review to the Community Mental Health Service
- Assist with co-ordination and oversight of the Clozapine Patient Monitoring Service ensuring that all staff are trained in the procedures relating to the safe provision of clozapine to Albury Wodonga Health patients in-line with product requirement.
- Provision of patient counselling and education (including provision of medication information leaflet and medication discharge list) to optimise therapeutic outcomes
- Provision of written and verbal information to drug information queries
- Assisting with the ordering of stock and annual stock take
- Assisting with the maintenance of records and review of procedures within pharmacy as directed
- Provide education and training to Medical, Nursing and Pharmacy staff as required
- Participate in the department quality improvement projects, recording of interventions, educational programs, research activities and accreditation activities as directed
- Undertake other duties as directed such as weekend roster, on-call Roster (approx. 1 in 6), late-shift, and relief secondment in other pharmacist positions as necessary
- Completion of mandatory training and continuing education within the mental health area to increase skills and expertise as required
- Commitment to AWH procedures including Infection Control, Occupational Health and Safety and other procedures as relevant to the work area
The position is required to work at the Albury and Wodonga Hospital campuses.
The Albury Wodonga Health (AWH) Pharmacy Department comprises of 12 Pharmacists, 8 Technicians and 2 Intern Pharmacists. We are a fun, passionate, supportive, energetic, driven team who works cohesively together. We promote professional development in the workplace and as a team are focussed on providing high quality service. No day is the same; we are a team that embrace’s change and are always looking for innovative ideas to improve our team and the organisation. AWH provides a supportive environment that encourages professional growth and education in this specialist area.
AWH offers full orientation and training, salary sacrifice and the opportunity to be a part of a supportive and friendly team within a growing organisation.
Successful applicants will be required to complete appropriate National Police Check, Working with Children Check and evidence of vaccination prior to appointment.
Successful applicants will also be required to complete mandatory orientation modules using the AWH e-learning system prior to commencing employment.
AWH is not able to support applicants requiring sponsorship.
Please refer to the Position Description (see attachments) for more details on this position and required Selection Criteria.
Should you have any questions regarding this position, please contact, Leo Mason, Director of Pharmacy, on (02) 6058 4662
AWH is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disabilities, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Apply via this website, go to ‘Apply Now’ (at bottom of page) to complete the Application Form. Please ensure that each Selection Criteria is addressed. For further guidance and examples on how to write a response to the key selection criteria please refer to https://careers.vic.gov.au/how-to-apply/how-to-reply-to-selection-criteria
Also ensure you attach a cover letter and a copy of your resume (including names and contact details of two professional referees). Other documents you feel are relevant may also be attached; however this is limited to 5 documents of no greater than 2 Mega Bytes.
NB if you experience any difficulties with this website or completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this address is for enquires only and applications cannot be submitted via this email.
Applications not received via the Vic Government Careers system by the closing date will not be accepted.
Closing Date: 17/11/2019
KSC1 Registered as a Pharmacist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APHRA) (Mandatory).
KSC2 Current unrestricted driver’s licence (Mandatory).
KSC3 Previous experience in delivering hospital clinical Pharmacy services (preferred) and / or community Pharmacy services.
KSC4 Knowledge and working experience of disease states in mental illness, clinical psycho-pharmacotherapy and legal and cultural issues in patients affected with mental illness. If applicant does not hold extensive experience in Mental Health they must be willing to undertake relevant training for the position (refer to Desirable Criteria below).
KSC5 Demonstrated commitment to building and maintaining effective working relationships.
KSC6 Effective and courteous written and oral communication skills with high level interpersonal skills.
KSC7 Demonstrated ability to provide professional supervision to graduates, students and Pharmacy Technician staff (including previous experience in education and quality improvement activities).
KSC8 Commitment to maintaining Continuing Professional Development record including membership with the Society of Hospital Pharmacists (SHPA), attending courses and reading journals.
How to ApplyVia this website
Download this position description and apply directly:
Further Information: Leo Mason, Director of Pharmacy (02) 6058 4662