Clinical Pharmacist – Level 2/3
Calvary Public Hospital Bruce, ACT
Multiple positions permanent and fixed term
Salary range $82,720 – $113,540 (Plus Super) Pro Rata
About the role
We are seeking numerous Clinical Pharmacists to join our friendly and supportive team. It is an exciting time for our department and hospital, as we embark on expanding our clinical pharmacy services in areas such as Maternity, Pre-admission, Perioperative and Pain (including opioid stewardship), and Emergency (including Partnered Pharmacist Medication Charting). We are also changing our dispensing and inventory management system and will be implementing a territory wide digital health record.
Currently, the department provides clinical pharmacy services to various specialty areas including critical care, emergency care, coronary care, stroke/neurology, general medical, general surgical, palliative care, hospital in the home and mental health, as well as dispensary and sterile and non-sterile manufacturing services. Our strong pharmacist-to-patient ratio means that we are able to provide comprehensive high-quality care for our patients, but also ensures that our pharmacists are well supported in their day-to-day clinical duties. Some of our other Pharmacy services include, quality improvement projects, medication safety initiatives, an Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMS) program, Pharmacy Residency Program, clinical trials, as well as teaching, training and assessment, including input into the medical student and officer training programs.
Our Pharmacy Department is proud of its high performance, great work culture, and the incredible learning environment that we have created for one another. Our pharmacists are viewed as integral members of the multidisciplinary team and are highly respected throughout the hospital and the territory.
What you bring
- Ability to adhere to the philosophy, mission and values of Calvary Public Hospital Bruce.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in clinical pharmacy and therapeutics (consistent with 1-2 years post-registration experience and the SHPA Standards of Practice for Clinical Pharmacy) with an ability to apply this to practical situations.
- High level interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of hospital staff, patients and carers.
- An ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Page 4 of 4 Continuing the Mission of the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and manage workload demands, meet deadlines and complete required duties.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to solve work-related problems.
- Engagement in the pharmacy profession and a commitment to continuing education and professional development
How to apply?
Applicants must apply online via Calvary People Platform and include the following:
- A cover letter (Arial font size 10), of no more than 2 pages outlining responses to the following questions:
- Outline what you will bring to Calvary and how you will contribute to the pharmacy and wider hospital services
- Describe how you align with the mission and values of Calvary
- Describe a situation that demonstrates your ability to work and communicate effectively with others
- Current curriculum vitae
- Contact details (including phone number and email address) of two professional referees (including one immediate manager/supervisor)
Applications must be submitted online via: http://www.calvary-act.com.au/career-vacancies.html
Note the outcome of this recruitment may be used to appoint to temporary, full-time and part-time positions within 12 months
We are a leading provider of quality, integrated care that puts our patients, residents and clients at the centre of everything we do. Calvary offers flexible careers in clinical, allied health, hospitality, ICT and health administration, mission, leadership, management and more. Founded in Australia in 1885, we’re one of the largest providers of health, aged and community care with over 18,000 staff and volunteers, 14 Public and Private Hospitals, 72 Residential Care and Retirement Communities and 19 Community Care Centres.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and are committed to fostering a workplace that is respectful, welcoming and inclusive where people are supported to draw strengths from their identity, culture and community. We value the integral dignity of each person and we encourage applications from First Nations peoples, people living with a disability, LGBTIQ+ people, people who have come to Australia as migrants or refugees and veterans.
Why work for Calvary?
Joining us is your opportunity to learn with purpose and drive positive impact to our community in a stimulating work environment. We offer paid parental leave, salary packaging, career progression, flexible working hours and training and skills development. Calvary is also proud to be recognised as a leader in gender equality. Further details are available here: https://www.calvarycare.org.au/careers/benefits/
If you are looking for a rewarding career in an organisation that supports the community, apply now!
Please note the following:
- Only applicants with a valid right to work in Australia will be considered.
- As part of the application process, you may be required to participate in a health evaluation, which could include face to face assessment and drug and alcohol testing, to ensure your suitability for the role.
- Calvary has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for all workers. You will also be required to provide evidence of other immunisation as required for your role
Please note we are unable to accept emailed applications or resumes and phone calls from recruitment agencies
Closing date for applications: 11:45pm 30th May 2022
Contact Officer for further information:
Lead Pharmacist in Operations
Phone: (02) 6201 6266