Job Code: 21871
Employer: Calvary Public Hospital Bruce
Salary: $61,784 - $84,816 (Plus Shift Allowance and Super)
Closing application date: 21/06/2019
Calvary Public Hospital Bruce is looking for an enthusiastic Pharmacist to join our friendly, supportive Pharmacy Department team. This is an exciting opportunity to build and consolidate your clinical pharmacy skills by rotating through a range of clinical areas including general medical, surgery, palliative care, hospital in the home, mental health and rehabilitation as well as the inpatient dispensary.
About the Role
The Department provides a range of Pharmacy services including clinical pharmacy service to ward areas, quality improvement projects, medication safety initiatives, an Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMS) program, clinical trials, student teaching and training as well as on-site aseptic manufacturing. The department is also accredited as a training site for the SHPA’s residency program.
Duties include providing pharmaceutical assessment and intervention to hospital inpatients and outpatients using established clinical pharmacy principles, participation in training and professional development activities and quality projects.
Calvary Public Hospital Bruce (CPHB) is a 265 bed multi-discipline, modern healthcare facility serving the ACT community. At CPHB, our patients and their families expect a highly skilled, compassionate and dedicated workforce. Calvary staff pride themselves on ‘being for others’. The patient journey is at the centre of Calvary’s philosophy within our models of care.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a leading mission based health care organisation. We offer salary packaging, career progression, and training and skills development. Calvary is also proud to be recognised as a leader in gender equality. Further details are available here: https://www.calvarycare.org.au/careers/benefits/
- Hospital pharmacy experience.
- Membership with a relevant professional organisation eg. SHPA.
- Good clinical pharmacy and therapeutics knowledge consistent with 1-2 years post registration experience.
- Demonstrated experience in clinical pharmacy activities, consistent with SHPA Standards of Practice for Clinical Pharmacy Services (J Pharm Pract Res 2013; 43 (2): S2-S69).
- High level interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to building effective working relationships, including ability to provide professional supervision to other staff and students.
- An ability to develop and maintain rapport with clients of the pharmacy service, and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development.
How to ApplyVia this website
Download this position description and apply directly: Further Information:
Contact: Sarah Smith 02 6201 6266