- Co-lead a team of dedicated pharmacists within our Mental Health Team
- Deliver high quality and patient focused clinical pharmacy services
- Lead quality improvement initiatives
- Full time, fixed term position
The Royal Melbourne Hospital
As one of the largest health services in Victoria, and a team of more than 10,000 strong, we provide a comprehensive range of specialist medical, surgical, and mental health services; as well as rehabilitation, aged care, outpatient and community programs. We are a designated state-wide provider for services including trauma, and we lead centres of excellence for tertiary services in several key specialties including neurosciences, nephrology, oncology, cardiology and virtual health.
Surrounded by a Parkville Precinct of brilliant thinkers, we collaborate to set new benchmarks in health excellence – benchmarks that impact across the globe. While the work we do takes us in inspiring new directions; caring for each other, our patients and consumers is as essential to who we are, as any scientific breakthrough we make. We put people first - leading with kindness and working together, we excel as one Royal Melbourne Hospital.
Your new team
- We are a dynamic and supportive pharmacy team working together to deliver safe, high quality patient care and medicines management
- We enjoy a collaborative working environment and you will work as part of the management and leadership team to develop high quality and innovative clinical pharmacy services and quality improvement initiatives.
- In return, you will be supported to develop your leadership skills
Your success in this role, will be in your ability to
- Deliver high quality patient care
- Supervise clinical practice & patient care activities
- Manage and coordinate your team to achieve patient focused KPIs
- Provide mentoring for pharmacists, technicians, interns and students
- Promote the quality use of medicines by leading quality and safety projects
- Collaborate with key staff in mental health
- Standardise pharmacy practices across Royal Melbourne Hospital Mental Health Sites
- Contribute to on call, after hours and weekend services
- Current Registration as a pharmacist with APHRA
- Masters of Clinical Pharmacy
- Extensive experience in delivering clinical pharmacy services
- Ability to lead a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Well-developed oral & written communication skills
Our Commitment to you
Here at The RMH we strive for excellence with a strong purpose that defines the work we do for our community – Advancing health for everyone, every day. This is the Melbourne Way.
We believe our success comes from our people. We’re committed to the RMH being a great place to work and a great place to receive care. We have made a long-term commitment to strengthen our organisational culture through leadership, education and empowering our staff to Speak Up for themselves and each other.
This is a role where your passion and expertise can come together to create a truly defining career opportunity. It is a unique opportunity to help us transform the future of the RMH and ultimately ensure we continue to deliver world class healthcare.
The RMH stands in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in work and care. We are proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
For a confidential discussion please connect with Michelle Nalder on 8387 2013 or Alex Edwards on 9342 7204.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.