Western District Health Service is a leading Sub-Regional referral centre providing a comprehensive range acute inpatient services, residential aged care and primary and community health services.
Hamilton, located 3.5 hours from Melbourne, is the hub of a large agricultural region and the centre of the shire for business, commerce, education, health, cultural and recreational facilities. Visit Hamilton
You will be working alongside experienced, passionate leadership peers who are true to our values of Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Empathy.
About the role
Western District Health Service has a position available in our busy and progressive Pharmacy department for a suitably qualified Pharmacist. A major part of the role will be the provision of clinical services to inpatients as well working with other pharmacists and support staff in providing comprehensive pharmaceutical services to other patients, residents and staff of WDHS.
We are seeking candidates with the following:
- Registration with the APHRA and Pharmacy Board of Australia;
- Experience in chemotherapy and antimicrobial stewardship (desirable);
- Excellent skills in the use of computer systems and Microsoft Office
- Ability to communication openly and effectively at all levels with medical, nursing, other hospital staff and patients on medication related issues;
- Knowledge of and commitment to quality improvement and risk management
What we can offer you?
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Be part of a high functioning team
- Generous Salary Packaging options
- Free car parking
Depending on the position the successful applicant will hold, or be able to obtain, a Police Criminal Check, employee Victorian Working with Children Check and be willing to undertake a Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check. Current immunisation records/evidence is required.
Closing date: Sunday 23rd January 2022
Proposed Interview Date: Week commencing Monday 24th January 2022
Western District Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer that has a commitment to cultural safety, inclusion and empowerment of Indigenous, Torres Strait Islander, their families and communities and encourages them to apply. This organisation promotes the safety and wellbeing of children from culturally, linguistically diverse and aboriginal backgrounds and those with a disability.