Permanent Full Time – 76 hours per fortnight
All applicants must have the right to work within Australia and provide evidence of this
Western District Health Service is a leading Sub-Regional referral centre providing a comprehensive range acute inpatient services, residential aged care and primary and community health services.
Hamilton, located 3.5 hours from Melbourne, is the hub of a large agricultural region and the centre of the shire for business, commerce, education, health, cultural and recreational facilities. Visit Hamilton
You will be working alongside experienced, passionate leadership peers who are true to our values of Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Empathy.
About the role
Western District Health Service has a position available in our busy and progressive Pharmacy department for a suitably qualified Pharmacist. A major part of the role will be the provision of clinical services to inpatients as well working with other pharmacists and support staff in providing comprehensive pharmaceutical services to other patients, residents and staff of WDHS.
We are seeking candidates with the following:
- Registration with the APHRA and Pharmacy Board of Australia;
- Experience in chemotherapy and antimicrobial stewardship (desirable);
- Excellent skills in the use of computer systems and Microsoft Office
- Ability to communication openly and effectively at all levels with medical, nursing, other hospital staff and patients on medication related issues;
- Knowledge of and commitment to quality improvement and risk management
What we can offer you?
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Be part of a high functioning team
- Generous Salary Packaging options
- Free car parking
Closing Date: Sunday 17th October 2021
Interview Date: Week commencing Monday 18th October
Depending on the position the successful applicant will hold, or be able to obtain, a Police Criminal Check, employee Victorian Working with Children Check and be willing to undertake a Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check. Current immunisation records/evidence is required.