Job Code: 13047
Employer: The Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital
Salary: SW5 - SW10 Salary & conditions as per Hospital Pharmacist Award
Closing application date: 20/03/2018
We have a new opportunity for a pharmacist seeking to gain further experience in hospital pharmacy practice to join our team. We have a full time Clinical Pharmacist (maternity leave) position available from May 2018. This position reports to the Senior Clinical Pharmacist and forms part of our clinical team.
The key responsibility of the Clinical Pharmacist (Grade 1) is to participate in the rotation roster for the Clinical pharmacist team.
Join our friendly team in making a difference to the lives of thousands of our patients and their loved ones.
- Salary packaging
- Discounted car parking
- Health and Wellbeing Program
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Staff Reward and Recognition Program
- Registered with the Pharmacy Board of Australia
- Has previous experience working in a hospital pharmacy setting
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to clearly and professionally communicate information by verbal and written means
- Demonstrates initiative, exercise good judgement and has the ability to achieve results
- Demonstrates commitment to improvement of patient outcomes
- Proficient in drug information retrieval and has a sound clinical knowledge base
The Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital (the Eye and Ear) is a world leading facility, being Australia’s only specialist stand-alone eye, ear, nose and throat (ENT) hospital. Internationally recognised as a leader in eye and ear care the Eye and Ear is the largest public provider of ophthalmology and ENT services in Victoria, and delivers approximately half of Victoria’s public eye surgery and all of Victoria’s public cochlear implants. The Eye and Ear has over 80 different specialist clinics for diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of vision and hearing loss and provides a 24 hour emergency eye and ENT service.
The hospital is a teaching and research centre and has key partnerships with the Centre for Eye Research Australia (CERA), the University of Melbourne, the Bionics Institute, Bionic Vision Australia and HEARing CRC. The hospital provides medical, nursing and allied health training, with all Victorian ophthalmologists trained through the hospital. In collaboration with Universities and research partners, the Eye and Ear undertakes world-leading research.
How to ApplyVia this website
Download this position description and apply directly: Further Information:
Contact: Catherine Rokahr, Catherine.Rokahr@eyeandear.org.au (03) 9929 8204