*** Full-time P2 positions commencing ASAP & December 2020. Apply ASAP, directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Refer to attached job description for further details.
- Hours of work are 8am to 4.21pm Monday to Friday (1 hour lunch). The department is open for reduced hours on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. You will be required to participate in the weekend, on-call and the Tennant Creek Hospital rosters, all of which entail additional pay.
- Up to $500 reimbursement for costs incurred for relocating to Alice Springs
- Paid quarantine into NT if arriving from declared COVID-19 hot spot
- SIX weeks of paid annual recreation leave, plus leave loading
- Salary sacrifice of up to $9 005 is available. Additional salary sacrifice can be accessed through car leases and meals.
- Professional Development Allowance up to $600 per full year of service, for assistance with continuing professional development, seminars, conferences, research or maintaining qualifications.
- On-site accommodation may be available for a nominal rent, subject to availability.
- Access to full/partial government scholarships for post-graduate studies and other work-related courses.
- Paid study leave days available after 6 months of service
- 6 month clinical rotations
- Pharmacists working in Alice Springs are eligible for the 6CPA funding to support costs associated with travel and accommodation to attend professional development activities
Alice Springs Hospital (ASH) has over 180 beds and is the sole hospital in Central Australia with a catchment area of 1.6 million square kilometers. The hospital has links with multiple Australian Pharmacy Schools and is a teaching centre for Flinders Medical School. Areas of speciality include Indigenous health, Renal, Intensive Care, Infectious Diseases, Emergency, Maternity and Obstetrics, Rehabilitation, Hospital in the Home, Palliative Care, Day Oncology, Mental Health, and General Medical, Surgical and Paediatric areas.
The pharmacy is a modern and progressive department which employs 15 pharmacists, 1 intern pharmacist and 10 pharmacy technicians. Services provided include ward based clinical and drug information services to Alice Springs and Tennant Creek Hospitals, as well as in-patient and out-patient dispensing, and non-sterile manufacturing. The regional pharmacy provides medicines and advice to remote health clinics in the NT, WA, SA and QLD border. We have a strong commitment to professional development and will support the successful candidate to further their clinical knowledge and skills. ASH Pharmacy is an accredited SHPA Foundation Residency Program site and currently supports 3 Resident positions.
Clinical Pharmacists also have the opportunity to rotate to Tennant Creek Hospital to be the sole pharmacist on-site for up to 2 weeks at a time. Transport is by light aircraft with the Royal Flying Doctor Service or chartered plane.
The Northern Territory is a great place to live and work, with a young, multi-cultural population, a rich culture, great schools and strong employment and real estate growth.
The Central Australian climate is desert, with hot summers and cool winters and supports a relaxed, outdoor lifestyle. Spectacular natural attractions such as the MacDonnell ranges and the Larapinta Trail are on your back doorstep. Alice Springs is the closest town to Uluru, Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) and Watarrka (Kings Canyon), popular Australian icons that attract thousands of international tourists each year.
To keep you entertained, Alice Springs has state-of-the-art sporting facilities, cinemas, a strong emphasis on community arts, and a great social atmosphere. The Territory is building on its strengths to make the future even brighter and is filled with opportunity – for individuals and for families. For more information on living and working in the NT visit www.theterritory.com.au “The Territory – Boundless Possible”