Job Code: 11559
Employer: Calvary Public Hospital Bruce
Salary: Salary Range: $77,356 – $93,488 (Plus Shift Allowance and Super)
Closing application date: 23/02/2020
Clinical Pharmacist (Health Professional 2.3)
Calvary Public Hospital Bruce
12 Month Temporary Full Time Contract with possibility of extension
Salary Range: $77,356 – $93,488 (Plus Shift Allowance and Super)
About Calvary Public Hospital Bruce
Calvary Public Hospital Bruce (CPHB) is a 265 bed multi-discipline, modern health care facility serving the ACT community. At CPHB, our patients and their families expect a highly skilled, compassionate and dedicated workforce. Calvary staff pride themselves on ‘being for others’. The patient journey is at the centre of Calvary’s philosophy within our models of care.
Calvary is a national Catholic provider of health, community and aged care services operating in six states and territories. Our services include public and private hospital care, acute and sub-acute care, home care services and retirement and aged care services, in both rural and metropolitan areas. Calvary employs over 11,000 people and has over 1,500 volunteers.
Calvary continues the mission of the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary, a mission focused on caring for those who are sick, dying and in need. We express our values of hospitality, healing, stewardship and respect through “being for others” exemplified by the Spirit of Calvary and the example of Venerable Mary Potter.
About the role
Calvary Public Hospital Bruce ACT (CPHB) is seeking a highly skilled, experienced and dynamic clinical pharmacist to fill a temporary 12 month vacancy. The Clinical Pharmacist will provide appropriate pharmaceutical assessment and intervention using established clinical pharmacy principles. Techniques will include clinical pharmacist activities such as taking of patient medication histories, assessment of current medication management, and provision of medicines information. They will participate in a range of training, education and professional development activities as well as the implementation of quality improvement projects, research programs and the promotion of quality use of medicines where relevant.
What you bring
- Good clinical pharmacy and therapeutics knowledge consistent with 1-2 years post registration experience
- Demonstrated experience in clinical pharmacy activities, consistent with SHPA Standards of Practice for Clinical Pharmacy Services (J Pharm Pract Res 2013; 43 (2): S2-S69)
- High level interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to building effective working relationships, including ability to provide professional supervision to other staff and students
- An ability to develop and maintain rapport with clients of the pharmacy service, and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development
How to apply?
Applicants are expected to respond in writing with a cover letter outlining the following:
- A cover letter (max 1 page) stating your suitability (using the position description as a guide) for the role
- Current Resume
- Contact details of 2 professional referees
Closing date for applications: 11:45pm Sunday, 23rd February 2020
Applications must be submitted online via: http://www.calvary-act.com.au/career-vacancies.html
Please note we are unable to accept emailed applications or resumes and phone calls from recruitment agencies.
Contact officer for further information:
How to ApplyVia this website
Download this position description and apply directly: Further Information:
Contact: Sarah Smith