Job Code: VG/20191024_3
Employer: Albury Wodonga Health
Closing application date: 17/11/2019
Permanent Full Time position
Classification: Grade 1 or 2 depending on experience
Business Unit / Department: Pharmacy Department
Award: Health Employees Pharmacists (STATE) Award
Employment Type: Refer above
Hours per Week: Refer above
Closing Date: 17/11/2019
The Albury Wodonga Health (AWH) Pharmacy Department comprises of 12 Pharmacists, 8 Technicians and 2 Intern Pharmacists. We are a fun, passionate, supportive, energetic, driven team who works cohesively together. We promote professional development in the workplace and as a team are focussed on providing high quality service. No day is the same; we are a team that embrace’s change and are always looking for innovative ideas to improve our team and the organisation. Albury Wodonga Health provides a supportive environment that encourages professional growth and education in this specialist area.
Primary responsibilities of the Clinical Pharmacist include:
- Dispense medications for inpatients, outpatients and discharge patients including supply of non-imprest medications, supply of restricted substances and aseptic and non-aseptic manufacturing
- Provide a ward based (or specialty based) clinical pharmacy service including clinical pharmacy review, clinical interventions, completion of medication reconciliation (also known as medication management plan)
- Provision of patient counselling and education (including provision of medication information leaflet and medication discharge list) to optimise therapeutic outcomes
- Provision of written and verbal information to drug information queries
- Assisting with the ordering of stock and annual stock take
- Assisting with the maintenance of records and review of procedures within pharmacy as directed
- Provide education and training to Medical, Nursing and Pharmacy staff as required
- Participate in the department quality improvement projects, recording of interventions, educational programs, research activities and accreditation activities as directed
- Undertake other duties as directed such as weekend roster and on-call Roster (approx 1 in 9), late-shift, and relief secondment in other pharmacist positions as necessary
- Completion of mandatory training as required
- Commitment to AWH procedures including Infection Control, Occupational Health and Safety and other procedures as relevant to the work area
The position is required to work at the Albury and Wodonga Hospital campuses. (Note: A short term order of merit list may be established to fill future vacancies)
AWH offers full orientation and training, salary sacrifice and the opportunity to be a part of a supportive and friendly team within a growing organisation.
Successful applicants will be required to complete appropriate National Police Check, Working with Children Check and evidence of vaccination prior to appointment.
Successful applicants will also be required to complete mandatory orientation modules using the AWH e-learning system prior to commencing employment.
AWH is not able to support applicants requiring sponsorship.
Please refer to the Position Description (see attachments) for more details on this position and required Selection Criteria.
Should you have any questions regarding this position, please contact, Leo Mason, Director of Pharmacy on (02) 6058 4662
AWH is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disabilities, young people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Apply via this website, go to ‘Apply Now’ (at bottom of page) to complete the Application Form. Please ensure that each Selection Criteria is addressed. For further guidance and examples on how to write a response to the key selection criteria please refer to https://careers.vic.gov.au/how-to-apply/how-to-reply-to-selection-criteria
Also ensure you attach a cover letter and a copy of your resume (including names and contact details of two professional referees). Other documents you feel are relevant may also be attached; however this is limited to 5 documents of no greater than 2 Mega Bytes.
NB if you experience any difficulties with this website or completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this address is for enquires only and applications cannot be submitted via this email.
Applications not received via the Vic Government Careers system by the closing date will not be accepted.
Closing date 17/11/2019
KSC1 Registered as a Pharmacist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APHRA).
KSC2 Current unrestricted driver’s licence.
KSC3 Previous experience in delivering hospital clinical pharmacy services and / or community pharmacy services.
KSC4 Demonstrated commitment to building and maintaining effective working relationships.
KSC5 High level communication skills and high level interpersonal skills.
KSC6 Demonstrated ability to provide professional supervision to graduates, students and pharmacy technician staff.
KSC7 Commitment to maintaining Continuing Professional Development record including membership with the Society of Hospital Pharmacists (SHPA), attending courses and reading journals (Desirable).
How to ApplyVia this website
Download this position description and apply directly:
Further Information: Leo Mason, Director of Pharmacy (02) 6058 4662