Job Code: 040408
Employer: Gove District Hospital
Salary: Remuneration Package $94,941 - $113,538 (including salary $82,050 - $98,396)
Closing application date: 26/08/2019
As a Clinical Pharmacist you will provide a high quality, culturally appropriate and effective pharmacy service to inpatients and outpatients at Gove District Hospital as well as the supervision of technical staff and the provision of medicines information. You will also assist in the provision of Pharmacy Services to the Primary Health Centres in the East Arnhem region.
You will be professionally challenged by the cases you will see and the logistics involved in the remote health care setting and have the opportunity to contribute to a rapidly developing pharmacist role in a very remote hospital. This will include daily clinical activities, including a focus on antimicrobial stewardship.
Employee benefits include:
- Great Career and lifestyle opportunities
- Competitive wages including salary packaging
- Hours of work are 8am to 4.21pm Monday to Friday (with a 1 hour lunch)
- SIX weeks of paid annual recreation leave, plus leave loading
- Relocation assistance
- Fares out of isolated location
- Professional Development Allowance
- Study leave days
- Supportive extended team environment
- Registration as a Pharmacist with the Pharmacy Board of Australia and current clinical pharmacy experience.
- Demonstrated sound level of current clinical pharmacy practice and knowledge, commitment to ongoing professional development, and willingness to provide education to other staff.
- Demonstrated understanding of Quality Use of Medicines principles and commitment to CQI.
- Ability to think laterally and solve complex multi-faceted problems independently with initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to work well with multidisciplinary colleagues and provide care for people of diverse cultures.
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience.
- Demonstrated experience in working with people from diverse cultures.
Gove District Hospital is located in Nhulunbuy, East Arnhem Land and is a 30 bed hospital which provides a large range of acute-care services, including ED, general medical, general surgical, paediatrics and maternity and ambulatory care services to the East Arnhem Region.
Your caseload will be a mix of adult and paediatric inpatients and outpatients, with a strong focus on Indigenous health.
The Gove District Hospital Pharmacy Manager will provide support to this role, and you will work alongside one pharmacy technician. You will be a valued part of the multidisciplinary team at the hospital.
The successful applicant will be offered opportunities for professional development and is welcome to be a part of the Top End Health Service weekly pharmacy in-services education (via video-link), plus regular education opportunities locally.
Outside of work the lifestyle benefits are exceptional – with virtually no winter, you’ll be able to enjoy the Top End’s outdoor lifestyle all year round, experience Yolngu culture, community activities, spectacular sunsets and easy weekend trips to many of the fabulous locations in and around East Arnhem Land www.eastarnhemland.com.au
The Northern Territory Department of Health is the leading employer of health and community service professionals and the largest public employer in the Northern Territory.
For more information on living and working in the NT visit www.theterritory.com.au “The Territory – Boundless Possible”
How to ApplyVia this website
Download this position description and apply directly: Further Information:
Contact: Kara Milne 08 89870235