Employer: Albury Wodonga Health
Salary: As per award
Closing application date: 30/06/2019
About the role:
The Albury Wodonga Health (AWH) Pharmacy Department comprises of 9 Pharmacists, 8 Technicians and 2 Intern Pharmacists. We are a fun, passionate, supportive, energetic, driven team who works cohesively together. We promote professional development in the workplace and as a team are focussed on providing high quality service. No day is the same; we are a team that embrace’s change and are always looking for innovative ideas to improve our team and the organisation. Albury Wodonga Health provides a supportive environment that encourages professional growth and education in this specialist area.
Primary responsibilities of the Clinical Pharmacist include:
- Dispense medications for inpatients, outpatients and discharge patients including supply of non-imprest medications, supply of restricted substances and aseptic and n on-aseptic manufacturing
- Provide a ward based (or specialty based) clinical pharmacy service including clinical pharmacy review, clinical interventions, completion of medication reconciliation (also known as medication management plan)
- Provision of patient counselling and education (including provision of medication information leaflet and medication discharge list) to optimise therapeutic outcomes
- Provision of written and verbal information to drug information queries
- Assisting with the ordering of stock and annual stock take
- Assisting with the maintenance of records and review of procedures within pharmacy as directed
- Provide education and training to Medical, Nursing and Pharmacy staff as required
- Participate in the department quality improvement projects, recording of interventions, educational programs, research activities and accreditation activities as directed
- Undertake other duties as directed such as weekend roster and on-call Roster (approx 1 in 9), late-shift, and relief secondment in other pharmacist positions as necessary
- Completion of mandatory training as required
- Commitment to AWH procedures including Infection Control, Occupational Health and Safety and other procedures as relevant to the work area
- KSC1 Registered as a Pharmacist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APHRA).
- KSC2 Current unrestricted driver’s licence.
- KSC3 Previous experience in delivering hospital clinical pharmacy services and / or community pharmacy services.
- KSC4 Demonstrated commitment to building and maintaining effective working relationships.
- KSC5 High level communication skills and high level interpersonal skills.
- KSC6 Demonstrated ability to provide professional supervision to graduates, students and pharmacy technician staff.
- KSC7 Commitment to maintaining Continuing Professional Development record including membership with the Society of Hospital Pharmacists (SHPA), attending courses and reading journals (Desirable).
How to ApplyVia this website
Download this position description and apply directly:
Further Information: Leo Mason, Director of Pharmacy (02) 6058 4662