The Mildura Base Public Hospital is an organisation driven by a genuine focus on patient centred care, delivering exceptional care for our consumer base of over 80,000. With this focus guiding the functioning of our organisation on a day to day basis in line with our HEART values we have established a work environment in which there are greater levels of employee engagement and professional development than ever seen before. Our workforce of over 1200 employees are committed to providing a service to our community 24/7 which will have long lasting positive outcomes.
Our People, Our H.E.A.R.T:
Our H E A R T values (Happy Empathetic Accountable Respectful Team Based) are so much more than words; they are the driving force behind what we do every day. These values are lived throughout the organisation across each department, role and location.
We in the Pharmacy Department are a growing team of pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and a pharmacy intern. Working closely with other professions as part of the multidisciplinary team, we strive to improve patient care and outcomes from a medication perspective. We work together to provide knowledge and awareness of medications and improve medication safety.
Our Clinical Pharmacists are involved in all aspects of medication use throughout the hospital, both on the wards and in the dispensary. We work, and provide services, in the following areas through the hospital:
- General Medicine
- Geriatric Evaluation Medicine (GEM)
- Including GEM@Home
- Mental Health
- Emergency Department
- Intensive Care Unit
- Including Aseptic and Cytotoxic manufacturing
- Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMS)
- Full time position for 80 hours per fortnight, ongoing basis
- Grade 1 or Grade 2 position, depending on experience
- Opportunity to work across, and rotate through multiple areas of the hospital
- Provide supervision and education to our intern pharmacist and rotations of undergraduate students
If successful in this role you also will have opportunity to:
- Complete training in safe aseptic and cytotoxic manufacturing
- Participate in running and organising education of patient groups, nursing staff and medical staff
- Receive support to participate in relevant seminars/conferences to improve your clinical knowledge
- Help shape the future of our Pharmacy Department
- Participate in the on-call roster (less than once a month)
- Tertiary qualification (Bachelors or Masters) in Pharmacy
- Registration as a Pharmacist with AHPRA
- Hospital experience is desired, but not essential
For more role specific information please visit www.mbph.org.au/job-vacancies to view the position description.
What MBPH has to offer you:
- Internal Professional Development– including but not limited to the opportunity for eligible employees to access scholarships for postgraduate studies as well as specifically designed programs within MBPH for skill development
- An environment where external professional development is supported and encouraged
- A location centre of town reducing travel times
- Free parking on site for all employees
- Salary Packaging – Pay less tax
- On-site Café
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Employee Intervention Programs – Free Remedial Therapy and Physiotherapy
- Free employee events and celebrations (check out our Facebook page @MilduraBasePublicHospital to see what we have been up to this past year)
- At MBPH, we continue to strengthen our focus on diversity, equity and inclusion practices. This is supported through our internal network of LGBTQIA+ Allies and organisational membership with ACON Pride in Diversity.
- Our membership with ACON Pride in Diversity shows our commitment to building an inclusive workplace.
How we model our values:
- MBPH employees are 3% more satisfied compared to other health services, a 7.8% increase from 2022
- 7:10 employees live and breathe our MBPH HEART Values
- 86% of employees feel a sense of accomplishment from their work
- 94% say they can use their skills and knowledge in their job
- 79% of employees feel included, which is a 1.3% increase above the Victorian Public Sector
- 8% increase in satisfaction with work/life balance since 2022
- Priority on learning and development of staff has increased by 10% since 2022
How to Apply:
All applications must be lodged online by clicking on the ‘apply now’ button.
For a position description and to find out more about our wonderful Hospital, visit www.mbph.org.au
For further enquiries please contact our human resources team.
Please note that the Department of Health requires all health care workers in Victorian public hospitals to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. For those over the age of 18, this means 3 Covid-19 vaccinations are required. For those under the age of 18, 2 Covid-19 vaccinations are required. For further information, please visit the Department of Health website: Vaccination for healthcare workers | health.vic.gov.au
A valid Working with Children Check and a National Police Check (undertaken in the last three months) are required.