- Permanent, Full Time
- Deputy Director, Group 2
- Based at Box Hill Hospital Pharmacy Department, Eastern Health
- Lead the Eastern Health Pharmacy clinical services portfolio
Looking to further develop your leadership and management skills within a dynamic pharmacy department?
Do you have a passion for developing staff and improving pharmacy services?
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
Eastern Health operates five pharmacy departments. Our enthusiastic team of pharmacists and technicians are dedicated to providing high quality, evidence-based care to our patients at the time they are most needed. Our pharmacy department strongly values professional development, clinical education and innovation and improvement. We have an ongoing commitment to practice-based research and offer opportunities for involvement to all staff.
About the role
A highly sought after opportunity exists for an experienced hospital pharmacy manager to lead the pharmacy department team at Box Hill Hospital, a major acute teaching hospital. As the site manager you will oversee the financial, human resource and quality and risk management for the site. You will manage 44 EFT and be accountable for over $33.5M non-salary expenditure.
This role also holds the portfolio within pharmacy for Eastern Health wide standards in clinical services. Significant experience in this speciality is not a prerequisite, as you’ll be supported by technical experts. Your experience in governance and maintenance of standards is essential in this aspect of the role. You will report to the Program Director – Pharmacy and have ten direct reports (eight senior pharmacists, a senior technician and pharmacy workforce co-ordinator).
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Registered pharmacist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Effective leadership skills, including ability to implement change within a complex environment
- Proven ability to manage within a hospital pharmacy environment
- Excellent communicator at all organisational levels
- Current driver’s license
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
For any queries, please contact Anne Goulopoulos, Program Director Pharmacy - email@example.com
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits.
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence