ANTIMICROBIAL STEWARDSHIP PHARMACIST GRADE 2, 0.2 EFT - 12 months
- Limited Term Part Time (One day per week - Fridays, for 12 months)
- Eastern Health - requires ability to work at multiple sites once appropriately trained
- To be part of the Antimicrobial Stewardship Team
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical and general healthcare services, including maternity, palliative care, mental health, drug and alcohol, residential care, community health and state-wide specialist services to people and communities that are diverse in culture, age, socio-economic status, population and healthcare needs.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Pharmacist to join the Antimicrobial Stewardship team at Eastern Health. This is a part time fixed term position, which will primarily include work based at Box Hill Hospital, Maroondah Hospital (Ringwood East), Angliss Hospital (Upper Ferntree Gully), and may include Wantirna Health (Wantirna South) and Peter James Centre (Burwood East).
- 8 Hours per week (Fridays)
- Training & Orientation provided by Lead Antimicrobial Stewardship Pharmacist
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- A pharmacist registered in Australia or eligible for registration in Australia
- Current and advanced hospital pharmacy experience, especially in the area of antimicrobial use
- Effective clinical pharmacy skills
- Competence in drug knowledge, especially antimicrobial therapy and its application in the clinical setting
- Oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of hospital staff and patients
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated commitment to optimum patient care and professional practice
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and peer review
- Current Driver’s licence
- Relevant post graduate qualifications in clinical pharmacy
- Knowledge and skills in computing systems, especially those relevant to hospital pharmacy and therapeutics
- An understanding of trends in hospital pharmacy practice
- Active participation in the affairs of relevant professional associations
Please refer to the attached position description for further details of the role.
What we offer
Eastern Health offers a variety of fantastic Employee Benefits, view the extensive range here!
- Diverse and engaging career opportunities
- Friendly & supportive team
- Flexible working hours
- Salary packaging options
- Career progression in our teaching hospitals
If you believe you have the ability to make a difference in this rewarding industry, apply today!
- All applications must be submitted online via E-Mercury: https://eh.mercury.com.au/ViewPosition.aspx?id=MU+C8PHVXso=&jbc=ere
- All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Fit2Work Check, where preferred candidates will be required to complete a Criminal History Check at the expense of Eastern Health.
- You must have Australian work rights to apply for this position.
- Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Eastern Health Values: Patients First | Agility | Humility | Respect | Kindness | Excellence