Advanced Training Resident Pharmacist – Perioperative Medicine
- Approximate salary, $92,000 - $104,000
- ADO every 4 weeks
- Salary packaging options
We’re growing our Pharmacy team and looking for our first Grade 2 Advanced Training Resident to join our innovative and collaborative training program!
Latrobe Regional Health Pharmacy Department is offering a leading edge and synergistic education partnership with Alfred Health Pharmacy Department, a team with a national reputation for originality and excellence. This unique opportunity blends aspects of clinical experience across both health services, a major tertiary and a major regional hospital. The long-term education partnership will deliver education programs including foundation residency and advanced training residencies in specialty areas such as perioperative services and many others to come at Latrobe Regional Health. Successful applicants will be based at Latrobe Regional Health and provided with integrated education and training programs with Alfred Health.
As an Advanced Training Resident Pharmacist, you will have the unique and exciting opportunity to join our Advanced Training Residency program, a structured and supported two-year training program, nationally accredited by the Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia. The program is highly suited to motivated and enthusiastic pharmacists who are looking to progress to advanced practice in a specific clinical specialty. You will have the opportunity to take part in collaborative education and training opportunities with the Perioperative Services Pharmacy team at Alfred Health.
Key features of the Advanced Training Residency program include:
- Comprehensive training and education curriculum with minimum 18 months in Perioperative Services (pre-admission clinic, operating suite and Acute Pain Service)
- Clinical mentorship with a specialist pharmacist and medical/nursing staff (including regular clinical assessments and feedback)
- Engagement in and completion of a research project
- Development of an advanced practice portfolio
Following completion of the Advanced Training Residency program, you will be formally awarded with the SHPA Advanced Training Resident in the chosen specialty.
LRH employees enjoy access to:
- Free access to our Staff Wellbeing Centre offering a range of health education and wellbeing services
- Access to ongoing development through daily education sessions, bespoke training and career & study support
- Tailored flexible work options to support work life balance, including ADO’s, 5 weeks leave, regional salary packaging and additional purchased leave
- Fantastic social club activities and diverse and inclusive workplace activities
- Workplace Wellbeing programs and activities uniquely designed for LRH staff
We are looking for candidates with:
- A Bachelor of Pharmacy with current registration with APRHA, without restriction
- Clinical experience of 3-5 years in clinical practice
- Credentialed OR have a portfolio that demonstrates progression towards practice as Stage 1 – Transition on the Australian Advanced Level Framework is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
For more information about this exciting opportunity, we encourage you to contact Louise McMahon on (03) 5173 8073 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
LRH was proud to be the recipient of the 2022 Premier’s Health Service of the Year (Medium) Award. This prestigious award recognises the amazing work of our team in driving change and improvement in the health outcomes for the Victorian community.
We are located 150 km east of Melbourne, and LRH is the regional provider of a broad range of specialist health services including hospital based, sub-acute and mental health services across Gippsland.
Now is an exciting time to join the LRH team, with $217 million expansion nearing completion, offering improved maternity and paediatric facilities, larger intensive care unit, increase medical and surgical beds and additional operating theatres.
Diversity and Inclusion
We actively embrace workforce diversity, equity and inclusion, and encourage applications from across our community, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. LRH’s Aboriginal Hospital Liaison Officer is available to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent applicants and can be contacted on (03) 5173 8653.
IMPORTANT: All staff employed in the healthcare sector are required to be vaccinated for 3 COVID-19 doses and current season influenza vaccination, unless a valid medical exemption applies.