Job Code: 24153
Employer: Alfred Health
Closing application date: 29/01/2020
Advanced Training Residencies
Be part of the first Advancing Training Residency cohort in Australia
2 year fixed term contract
Unique program aimed at developing practitioners with advanced skills in key priority areas
The Advanced Training Residency (ATR) is an innovative program which was launched by the Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia in November 2019. The ATR program is targeted towards pharmacists with general foundation level expertise and experience in hospital practice seeking to advance their practice towards the APPF Consolidation Level (Advancing – Stage II) and provide expert care and service delivery in their defined practice area. More information on the SHPA ATR process is found at https://www.shpa.org.au/residency/advanced-training
The following Advanced Training Residencies are available in 2020 at Alfred Health and are accredited by the SHPA:
- Cancer Services
- Emergency Medicine
- General Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Peri-Operative Services
- Surgical Services
- Clinical Informatics.
Alfred Health is consistently linked to progressive developments in health care, medical research and health care teaching, and is at the forefront of developments in clinical services to ensure the best possible patient care.
The Alfred Health Pharmacy provides comprehensive and innovative clinical services integrated within clinical units. These services are supported by research, educational initiatives and a career progression model. Further information is available at https://www.alfredhealth.org.au/services/pharmacy-at-alfred-health
We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated pharmacists with approximately 3-5 years clinical pharmacy experience join our team . You will work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team to achieve the best medication management outcomes for individual patients. Working closely with your mentor in your specialty, you will undertake regular clinical assesssments, a research project and gain specialist knowledge. You will contribute to improving medication management on a larger scale through contributing to practice based research projects and service and practice improvement work. As Alfred Health is an academic health centre, you will supervise and mentor local and international students as well as intern pharmacists.
These two year Advanced Training Residencies offer:
- Formal structured learning with minimum 18 months in chosen specialty
- A two year full time Grade II appointment within the Alfred Health Clinical Pharmacy Service.
- Formal awarding of an SHPA Advanced Training Resident in the chosen specialty at the successful completion of the program.
This Advanced Training Residency is for YOU, if you are ready to:
- Build on your existing 3 to 5 years of clinical practice experience.
- Further develop clinical skills and knowledge in a clinical specialty area with excellent grounding in acute adult pharmacotherapy, across a range of disciplines. .
- Apply learned theory and practice based research in a chosen clinical discipline.
An information evening on the particular streams will be held on Tuesday 21st of January at 6pm at the Alfred Hospital, Pharmacy Department sy 55 Commercial Rd, Melbourne VIC. Please email Diana Sandulache – Lead Pharmacist, Workforce and Development (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in attending or require any further information.
Alfred Health offers fantastic benefits for staff including:
- Onsite car parking
- 24/7 gym
- Salary packaging
- Onsite childcare
- Must hold General Registration as a pharmacist in Australia
- Clinical experience of 3 -5 years in clinical practice
- Credentialed or a portfolio that demonstrates practice as Stage 1 – Transition on the Australian Advanced Level Framework
How to ApplyVia this website
Download this position description and apply directly:
Further Information: Diana Sandulache 90762061