- Pharmacy Advanced Training Residency 2022 Intake
- Fixed term - until March 2024
- Full time - 80 hours per fortnight, plus ADO
- Classification - SX2-SX5
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
Alfred Health provides health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne and is a major provider of specialist services to people across Victoria. We operate across three outstanding inpatient facilities, The Alfred, Caulfield, and Sandringham Hospitals, and also provide specialist services to the state HIV and Sexual Medicine tertiary service. Alfred Health is nationally and internationally recognised for progressive developments in health care, medical research and health care teaching, and is at the forefront of developments in clinical services to ensure the best possible patient care.
The Alfred Health Advanced Training Residency Programme provides pharmacists with a formal structured program to support progression to advanced practice in a specific clinical speciality.
In 2022, EIGHT Advanced Training Resident positions are on offer from the following specialties (one to two position per speciality):
- Peri-operative medicine
- Emergency medicine
- Critical care
- Surgical services
- Infectious diseases
- General medicine
The TWO-year Advanced Training Residency offer:
- Formal structured learning with minimum 18 months in chosen specialty.
- A two-year full-time Grade II appointment within the Alfred Health Clinical Pharmacy Service.
- Formal awarding of an SHPA Advanced Training Resident in the chosen specialty at the completion of the program.
This Advanced Training Residency is for YOU, if you are ready to:
- Build on your existing 3 to 5 years of clinical practice experience.
- Further develop clinical skills and knowledge in a clinical specialty area
- Apply learned theory and practice-based research in a chosen clinical discipline.
- Be awarded an Advanced Training Residency from an internationally renowned centre of clinical excellence.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Clinical experience of 3 -5 years in clinical practice
- Applicant must be a registered pharmacist with AHPRA
- Applicant must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or have a valid working permit
- Credentialed OR have a portfolio that demonstrates progression towards practice as Stage 1 – Transition on the Australian Advanced Level Framework
- Salary packaging
- Staff parking
- Onsite gym
- Close to public transport and shops
Applications must contain the following:
- Cover letter (clearly indicating the ATR stream you are applying for)
- Completed Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- A portfolio that demonstrates progression towards practice as Stage 1 – Transition on the Australian Advanced Level Framework
Further enquires please contact Steven Walker, Lead Pharmacist - Workforce and Development (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Erica Marsom, Senior Pharmacist – Workforce and Development (email@example.com) on 03 9076 2061
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
Applications close on Friday 26th November 2021