Job Code: AUC06065
Employer: Auckland District Health Board
Closing application date: 18/08/2019
- New Zealand’s leading hospital pharmacy
- Full-time permanent position
Auckland District Health Board (Auckland DHB) is one of the largest healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
About the department:
Our Pharmacy department is an innovative and exciting place to work. We employ over 100 staff including those working within two retail pharmacies, Aseptic Production Unit and a flagship inpatient service. We serve over 1200 inpatient beds. Our guiding principle is to put the patient first in everything we do. Our award winning and growing clinical pharmacy service has over 40 pharmacists working across both secondary and tertiary level services. We have a robust service strategy which ensures that our staff are continuingly driving to work at the top of their scope and pushing the boundaries of clinical pharmacy practice. We are committed to do and be our best, to value and support all staff, to work together with trust respect and honesty, and display commitment and accountability to provide a high quality service to our patients.
About the position:
The Pharmacy Department is looking for a highly motivated advanced clinical pharmacist to provide high level clinical pharmacy expertise to specific complex patient groups and to promote and lead clinical excellence and quality within the clinical service. In this exciting role your main responsibilities will be to:
- Provide a high level clinical pharmacy service to one or more areas
- Mentoring, coaching and supporting clinical pharmacists within those practice areas
- Teaching other healthcare professions including supporting teaching at the University of Auckland
- Representing the clinical pharmacy service at a number of service meetings to influence best medicines management practice
- Identifying, contributing and where appropriate leading practice research and audit
- Contributing as a member of the Clinical Pharmacy Leadership Forum to implement the wider Clinical Pharmacy Strategy
- Identify quality improvement opportunities that develop the model of care and service delivery strategy, working with the pharmacy senior leadership to implement these initiatives
This is an excellent opportunity to work with the country’s leading oncology and haematology specialists, research nurses and be a part of ground breaking clinical trials. You will be involved in clinically screening oncology and haematology prescriptions, development of protocols, prescriptions and guidelines, education & training of pharmacists and the wider multidisciplinary team in order to facilitate good prescribing practice.
For further information about this role please contact Ziyen Lam, Clinical Lead Pharmacist – Clinical Services on email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kristen Greville, Associate Clinical Lead Pharmacist – Clinical Services on email@example.com
Auckland DHB is the largest teaching hospital in New Zealand and we have a lot that we can offer you:
- Training and support to further develop teaching skills
- Continuous improvement and development opportunities
- A great team environment and supportive work culture
- Subsidised gym membership, free gym classes run by 5Points Gym
- Discounts at a variety of businesses, free eye test
As the ideal person for this role, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Either registered or be eligible for registration with the Pharmacy Council of New Zealand and hold a current Annual Practising Certificate. For details visit www.pharmacycouncil.org.nz
- At least five years of clinical experience with evidence of extensive experience of clinical pharmacy practice and have completed a post-graduate qualification in clinical pharmacy. You will also have at least two to three years of recent haematology and oncology experience
- Drive, energy and initiative with excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills. Your passion for clinical pharmacy should inspire others and you should be committed to lead and develop those around you.
- Pro-active and can-do approach with the ability to be flexible and work autonomously as well as in a team.
- A postgraduate clinical qualification and paediatric experience is desirable.
Auckland DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that values and embraces the diverse population we serve. We welcome and respect people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disabilities and religions. Apply now and join us to make a positive difference and to “do your life’s best work at Auckland DHB”.
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter. For help with your application please email, Sonu Anand, Recruitment Consultant on Sonua@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref # AUC06065
Closing date is 18 August 2019.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
How to ApplyVia this website
Contact: Sonu Anand +64 9 638 0429