Accredited Clinical Pharmacists ( VIC, SA and QLD)
Ward Medication Management
Have you recently Accredited or are Accredited?
We are ready to provide support, training, and an extensive induction so that you can commence or continue your career within the aged care industry.
We are not your typical corporate organisation. We offer flexible work/life balance, you will split your time between working from home and within the facilities. You will manage your own schedule, make the role your own whilst making a difference. Flexible hours and days.
VIC - Eastern suburbs up to 4 days per week
VIC Regional (Bendigo, Swan Hill, Mildura) 1 day per week
SA - 2 days per week temporary until March 2023 (leave cover)
QLD - (Townsville, Cairns and Rockhampton) - up to 3 days per week
Casual opportunities also available.
What does a Clinical Pharmacist at Ward MM do?
- Deliver market-leading quality RMMRs and HMRs
- Conduct QUM services including attending MAC meetings, conducting nurse/carer education and advising on medication use and storage.
- Meet the WardMM Ethical Approach to Services standard
- Maintain and grow relationships with facility staff and GPs
- Participate in our Peer Review process to ensure review quality consistent with internal standards
Given the nature of the role some travel may be required. We aim to make our geographical ‘clusters’ as efficient as possible. We will pay for your travel, meals and accommodation (if required) within policy guidelines and a schedule that enables us to balance our service agreement commitments with your own personal and family commitments. KPIs are set to reflect the travel required to get to those homes that are outside of METRO areas and a zoning policy is in place.
What we offer
- A tailored career development plan. You will be given opportunities to develop in your clinical areas of interest; your chosen career path will be underpinned by a focused professional development plan which has a dedicated annual fund for each employee. Whatever your goals, our Clinical Excellence team led by Dr Natalie Soulsby, will be there to support you every step of the way.
- A great team of likeminded, hard-working people who are passionate about Ward MM’s mission and achieving the growth objectives of our company.
- Flexible working conditions. We’re about outputs not inputs. We have high trust in our people because we know they want what is best for Ward MM too. We want you to love your work but respect that you also love your life outside of Ward MM!
- We promote a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination.
- A progressive environment, with big goals that lead our space; one where everyone works collaboratively to bring our goals to life.
- We are offering a competitive salary package and benefits, including: Superannuation, Incentives Program, a generous Professional Development Plan fund of up to $1,800 FTE per annum to support your plan (scheme rules apply) and our monthly recognition scheme
- Well-being Program including: Family & Wellbeing Leave, Wellbeing Challenges, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Home allocation allowing you to develop rapport and ongoing relationships with your facilities
- We provide the tools necessary to do the job such as a laptop, dongle for internet access and access to AMH, Up to Date and eTG
- We love being social and have team events including face to face
- We have an extensive induction and onboarding program
- You will be actively supported by your Regional Manager and your team of Clinical Pharmacists either in person, over MS Teams or WhatsApp
- A recognised undergraduate pharmacy degree or equivalent, commensurate with requirements for unconditional AHPRA registration as a pharmacist in Australia
- Professional indemnity insurance policy that addresses parameters acceptable to Ward MM
- Uninterrupted accreditation to perform medication management review services (per AACP or SHPA)
- Australian citizen or hold permanent residency status in Australia
- Appropriate police clearance
- Annual flu vaccination (unless medical exemption)
- COVID 19 vaccinations (unless medical exemption)
- Basic proficiency in appropriate computing applications
- Excellent clinical skills
- Commitment to your own ongoing professional development
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills
- Relationship building skills to be able to collaborate with internal and external business partners at all organisational levels
- Effective communication skills; listening, written and verbal; ability to communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Nice to haves
- 3 Years + Post-Qualified experience
- Experience in the provision of HMR/RMMR services in Australia
- Postgraduate tertiary qualifications in a pharmacy-related field, or other relevant field
- Speciality practice certifications in geriatric pharmacy (BCGP), pharmacotherapy (BCPS) or other relevant area (e.g. certified diabetes educators)
- Experience in research and publication related to clinical therapeutics and related area
Ward MM was founded by Clinical Pharmacist, Sue Ward, in 1997 as a medication review business servicing the aged care sector. Today Ward MM is one of the largest providers of specialist clinical pharmacy services to aged care in Australia. Our highly qualified team care for over 35,000 (and growing) elderly Australians, across 370 aged care homes. We have RMMR/QUM contracts with BUPA, Japara, Estia, Allity and Bolton Clarke amongst many others.
Being the ‘guardians’ of safe and appropriate use of medications in the aged care facilities and homes we visit; providing a range of collaborative services including education sessions, medication audits, clinical data insights and leading MAC meetings is what we do best. We are national with teams established in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria (covering Tasmania), Western Australia and South Australia.
If you think you would thrive in a growing company like ours, then send your cv to email@example.com or call Amy Pepper, People and Culture Manager on 0448 337 808 to find out more.