Accredited Clinical Pharmacists (QLD, SA, WA)
Ward Medication Management
Contractor, Casual, Fixed Term
Receive support and training to help you deliver market leading RMMRs and HMRs.
Manage your own days and hours and split your time between working from home and the facilities.
As one of the largest providers of specialist clinical pharmacy services in Australia, we understand that our team is at the heart of what we do. We provide an extensive induction, mentoring and ongoing training and support so you can commence or continue your career within the aged care industry.
We are actively looking for candidates in:
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast
We cover all states and territories in Australia. We are happy to hear from candidates from all areas in case more opportunities arise.
About your new role
- Deliver market-leading quality RMMRs and HMRs
- Conduct QUM services including attending MAC meetings, conducting nurse/carer education and advising on medication use and storage.
- Maintain and grow relationships with facility staff and GPs
- Participate in our peer review process to ensure quality
What do we offer?
- A competitive rate
- Administration support with consents, referrals and claiming– you can focus on the clinical work
- Flexible working conditions. Managing your own schedule, working from home and at the facilities.
- Home allocation allowing you to develop rapport and ongoing relationships with your facilities
- We have an extensive induction and onboarding program
- You will be supported by your Regional Manager and a team of Clinical Pharmacists across Australia
- Clinical Excellence led by Dr Natalie Soulsby
- A great team of likeminded, hard-working people who are passionate about Ward MM’s mission
- We promote a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination.
- Access to our systems via virtual desktop
- Accreditation to perform medication management review services (per AACP or SHPA or PSA / ACP once available)
- A recognised undergraduate pharmacy degree or equivalent, and unconditional AHPRA registration as a pharmacist in Australia
- Professional indemnity insurance policy
- Personal/Accident/WorkCover insurance policy
- Australian Business Number
- Australian citizen or hold permanent residency status in Australia
- Appropriate police clearance
- Annual flu vaccination (unless medical exemption)
- COVID 19 vaccinations (unless medical exemption)
- Basic proficiency in appropriate computing applications
- Excellent clinical skills
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills
- An interest in relationship building with healthcare professionals and others working in the aged care industry
- Effective communication skills; listening, written and verbal; willing and able to communicate with aged care residents and their relatives as well as colleagues and other healthcare professionals and aged care staff
Ward MM was founded by Clinical Pharmacist, Sue Ward, in 1997 as a medication review business servicing the aged care sector. Today Ward MM is one of the largest providers of specialist clinical pharmacy services to aged care in Australia. Our highly qualified team care for over 33,000 (and growing) elderly Australians, across 340 aged care homes. We have RMMR/QUM contracts with BUPA, Calvary, Estia, Allity and Bolton Clarke amongst many others.
We cover all states and territories in Australia.