Job Code: 511759
Employer: Royal Hobart Hospital
Salary: $86,462 - $96,113 per annum
Closing application date: 08/12/2017
The successful applicant will provide and coordinate comprehensive pharmaceutical care as part of a multidisciplinary team in the area of mental health, including dispensing and patient counselling and the provision of professional advice and consultancy services to other health professionals.
The successful applicant will be expected to provide training, professional supervision and support to Pharmacy staff within the Royal Hobart Hospital. The position reports directly to the Team Leader, Specialist Clinical Pharmacy.
Duties will include:
- Educate pharmacy staff and undergraduate and postgraduate students in the theory and practice of clinical pharmacy services and supervise other pharmacists and associated support staff in the specialist areas.
- Take an active role in the maintenance and provision of drug information and drug utilisation evaluation within the areas of the specialties and in education programs for other health professionals (including undergraduates).
- Keep abreast of emerging trends in drug therapy in the specialist areas by self education and participation in national networks and participate in research and clinical drug trials.
- Review existing policies and procedures and develop new procedures and methods related to the specialist areas including an involvement in the development of electronic prescribing and decision support.
Enthusiastic experienced hospital pharmacists looking for an opportunity to lead and develop in an open and collaborative working environment should apply.
- Salary packaging is available
- Flexible work / life balance
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Relocation assistance and / or temporary accommodation may be coordinated for the successful applicant
Registration with the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
The Royal Hobart Hospital (RHH) is Tasmania’s largest hospital and the major teaching hospital of the University of Tasmania (Faculty of Health Sciences).
RHH is a 490-bed hospital that provides general and specialty medical and surgical services. It is the state referral centre for cardiothoracic surgery, neurosurgery, burns, hyperbaric and diving medicine, neonatal intensive care and high risk obstetrics.
RHH is committed to providing coordinated, high quality care and is responsive to community needs.
The RHH Pharmacy Department forms part of the Statewide Hospital Pharmacy
Operations Unit. The RHH Pharmacy Department employs around 80 pharmacists and support staff. The Department provides clinical pharmacy services to a number of wards of the hospital (including ICU, WACS, oncology, palliative care, emergency medicine, mental health services, and general medical and surgical wards). It also provides a number of other services including the manufacturing of aseptic and non aseptic products, chemotherapy preparation and outpatient dispensing.
The Department has strong links with the Pharmacy School at the University of Tasmania, with regular student rotations. The Department also prides itself on providing an excellent intern training program.
How to ApplyVia this website
Contact: Georgina Makalani, Pharmacy Support Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org (03) 6166 6802