Job Code: 39248
Salary: Remuneration Package $ 111,252 to $ 124,419 per annum (including salary $ 96,545 to $ 108,126).
Closing application date: 19/09/2017
Manage and provide a renal clinical pharmacy service for Top End Health and Hospital Services (Royal Darwin Hospital, Katherine District Hospital, Gove District Hospital, and associated dialysis services) and ensure all pharmacy services provided are of the highest ethical and professional standards consistent with Top End Health Service policies.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Provide a specialist clinical pharmacy service to patients admitted under the renal team at Royal Darwin Hospital.
- Provide specialist clinical advice and support to patients and staff of Northern Territory Renal Services based in the Top End, including site visits to regional areas.
- Provide line management, training and supervisory support to pharmacy staff involved in renal services, and undergo regular performance management for self.
- Co-ordinate quality improvement activities and deliver educational programs on therapeutics activities within the Northern Territory Renal Services and the Pharmacy Department.
- Provide expert advice to assist with improved management of contracts with external pharmacy providers, including reporting requirements, to ensure contracted services are used in the most cost-effective way.
- Maintain contemporary pharmacy practice knowledge and participate in structured professional development activities.
- Contribute to the weekend, on-call and after hour’s roster as required. Be available for relevant emergency duties after hours relating to responsibility of the position.
- Take an active role in the senior pharmacy team through attendance at meetings and other activities as required.
- Follow defined service quality standards, work health and safety policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe services and workplaces
- Foster a positive workplace culture through exemplary leadership practices and role modelling behaviour.
Hours of work are 8.00am to 4.21pm Monday to Friday. Emergency duties after hours relating to the responsibilities of the position.
Department of Health has a Smoke Free Policy. Staff are not permitted to smoke anywhere on Departmental premises, facilities or vehicle nor whilst working off-site.
- Six weeks paid annual leave with 17% loading
- Three weeks personal leave per annum
- Superannuation contributions of 9% are paid by the NT government
- Salary sacrifice of up to $9 010 into personal loans or the purchase of lap tops and other work related technologies
- Salary sacrifice into superannuation
Short-term on-site accommodation may be available for a nominal rent, subject to availability.
- A degree or equivalent in Pharmacy and registration as a pharmacist with the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
- Extensive contemporary clinical pharmacy experience (preferably in Renal Medicine) and demonstrated ability to maintain currency of clinical knowledge
- Proven capacity to coordinate clinical pharmacy services and manage staff.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills (both written and oral) and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to prioritise workload, manage time effectively, and problem solve independently with initiative.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles of continuous quality improvement and medication safety standards and relevance to hospital pharmacy setting.
- Extensive experience in the provision of continuing education and support to healthcare staff and patient groups.
- An ability to interact effectively with people of diverse cultures.
- Postgraduate qualifications or research experience in clinical pharmacy or public health (desirable).
The preferred or recommended applicant will be required to hold a current Working with Children clearance and undergo a criminal history check. A criminal history will not exclude an applicant from this position unless it is relevant to the position.
Royal Darwin Hospital (RDH) is fully accredited and the premier teaching hospital in the Northern Territory with over 350 beds. It has links with links with Flinders Medical School and the Charles Darwin University.
Specialties include Aboriginal health, renal medicine, critical care units (both adult and neonatal), tropical diseases, mental health services and hyperbaric medicine in addition to standard medical, surgical and paediatric areas. Visit our website: www.health.nt.gov.au
The pharmacy department is modern and progressive. The department is made up of 26 pharmacists, 2 intern pharmacists, and 22 pharmacy technicians.
Services provided include ward based clinical and drug information services, in-patient and out-patient dispensing, sterile and non-sterile manufacturing. The regional pharmacy provides services to remote health centres giving you the opportunity to deliver clinical pharmacy services to patients and staff living in the outback.
We have a strong commitment to professional development and will support the successful candidate to further their managerial and leadership skills.
The department has close links with Charles Darwin University and provides teaching services to the undergraduate pharmacy degree program and is developing joint practice research projects.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest from experienced pharmacists who are enthusiastic and motivated to be part of our senior pharmacy team.
The Northern Territory is a great place to live and work – there are any number of statistics to back this up. Like the fact that the Territory has a young multi cultural population, a rich culture, great schools and strong employment growth.
The climate is tropical and supports a relaxed, outdoor lifestyle. Spectacular natural attractions such as Litchfield and Kakadu National Parks and the Kimberley region which attract thousands of international tourists each year are within easy reach.
The Territory is building on it’s strengths to make the future even brighter and is filled with opportunity – for individuals and for families.
For more information on living and working in the NT visit: www.australiasnorthernterritory.com.au
“The Northern Territory – come share our story”
How to ApplyVia this website
Contact: Mc Jac Crofton - A/Director of Pharmacy, Royal Darwin Hospital, Jackie.firstname.lastname@example.org (08) 8922 8359