Job Code: 11444
Employer: Alfred Health
Salary: As per award
Closing application date: 23/03/2018
Leading clinical pharmacy services for patients requiring perioperative care under our internationally renowned Anaesthesia and Perioperative Medicine department, Acute Pain Service and Surgical units. You will work collaboratively with pharmacists in Surgical Specialties and Trauma Services. In conjunction with, and in the absence of, the Lead Pharmacist – Analgesic Stewardship, the post holder will also be responsible for the provision of clinical pharmacy services to the Analgesic Stewardship program within Alfred Health.
Working within the inpatient and outpatient multi-disciplinary teams, you will provide innovative pharmacy services to achieve the best medication outcomes for individual patients. You will also contribute to improving medication management on a larger scale through practice-based research and service improvement work. As Alfred Health is an academic health centre, you will supervise and mentor local and international students as well as intern and rotational clinical pharmacists.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount health insurance
- Onsite care park
- Child Care
- Onsite gym
- Excellent clinical skills and knowledge with a relevant clinical post-graduate qualification.
- Extensive experience in the provision of clinical pharmacy services to surgical services, operating theaters, anesthetics, pain and/or critical care
- Patient-centred approach to care
- A proven ability to manage staff, change and service development
- Excellent communication and time management skills with the ability to priorities, plan and organise your work and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams
The Pharmacy services operate across all Alfred Health sites and are well recognised nationally and internationally for high quality, innovative, patient-focused services, education and training programmes as well as significant research output.
Clinical pharmacy services are aligned with the Alfred Health clinical program structure. Clinical pharmacists are attached to medical units and work alongside medical, nursing and allied health teams to achieve the best medication outcomes for patients. Each team of clinical pharmacists is supported by a Senior Clinical Pharmacist with specialist expertise. This unit and team based structure underpins the excellence in patient care of our clinical pharmacy services. Further information is available
How to ApplyVia this website
Download this position description and apply directly: Further Information:
Contact: Thuy Bui, email@example.com or Daniel Guidone (03) 9076 5267 / (03) 9076 5783