Job Code: 2630
Employer: Katherine Hospital
Salary: Salary $96,545 - $108,126 depending on experience (with additional superannuation, leave loading and the value of 2 weeks extra recreation leave). Total remuneration package $111,409 - $124,576.
Closing application date: 21/03/2018
Primary Objective: Manage, lead and develop the pharmacy service at Katherine Hospital (KH), to ensure delivery of a high quality, culturally appropriate and effective pharmacy advisory and medicines distribution service. To provide profession specific leadership and supervision/mentorship or consultancy services in the Katherine region.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the delivery of the pharmacy service is coordinated and consistent with legislative and best practice requirements, departmental and program policy and in accordance with detailed standard operating procedures.
- Lead the pharmacy team with the provision of pharmacy services to specialised areas such as renal and oncology.
- Ensure continuing quality improvement in pharmacy service delivery through effective monitoring, auditing, review and reporting processes and responsibility for pharmacy service resource allocation.
- Lead the pharmacy team with responsibility for staff supervision, assist with performance management, monitoring of work partnership plans and continued professional development activities.
- Actively participate in and provide leadership or consultancy services when required in Territory-wide and local health forums, conferences and meetings relevant to duties and functions of the position.
- Lead the development of improvements in the safety and quality of services at local and Territory-wide level.
- Maintain a commitment to ensuring contemporary knowledge and professional development through membership of appropriate organisations and participation in structured professional development activities
- Follow defined service quality standards, work health and safety policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe services and workplaces
- Foster a positive workplace culture through exemplary leadership practices and role modelling behaviour.
Further Information: Department of Health has a Smoke Free Policy. Staff are not permitted to smoke anywhere on Departmental premises, facilities or vehicle nor whilst working off-site. The preferred or recommended applicant will be required to hold a current working with children clearance notice and undergo a criminal history check. A criminal history will not exclude an applicant from this position unless it is relevant to the position.
- Six weeks paid annual leave with 17.5% loading
- Three weeks personal leave per annum
- Superannuation contributions of 9.5% are paid by the NT government
- Salary sacrifice of up to $9 010 into personal loans or the purchase of lap tops and other work related technologies.
- Salary sacrifice into superannuation
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Pharmacy and registration as a pharmacist with AHPRA.
- A minimum of 3 years contemporary clinical pharmacy experience, preferably in hospital pharmacy and a demonstrated commitment to maintain currency of clinical knowledge.
- Experience in management and leadership within Hospital Pharmacy and proven capacity to work as a team member with effective leadership and well developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills, ability to think laterally and solve complex problems independently with initiative.
- Experience in communicating effectively in a variety of settings with patients and careers from a diverse range of cultural and social backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to provide expert advice on the interpretation of legislation and policies relating to the use of medicines in health services in regional and remote Australia.
- Willingness to participate in continuing education activities both of self and provision of education sessions to hospital staff and supervising students
Understanding of the Quality Use of Medicines principles and commitment to Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Postgraduate qualification in relevant field (eg. clinical pharmacy, public health or management)
- Previous experience working with indigenous health.
The Katherine Hospital is an accredited 60-bed non-specialist medical, diagnostic and treatment facility, which caters for the needs of the population of Katherine Town and District.
Katherine Hospital services the Katherine region and remote areas, covering and area of approximately 340 000 km2 between the Western Australian and Queensland borders and extending as far as Dunmarra to the south and Pine Creek to the north. The population of the Katherine region is approximately 19 000 with an annual tourist presence of more than 500 000 visitor nights.
The department is made up of 2 pharmacists and 1 pharmacy technician.
Services provided include ward based clinical and drug information services, in-patient and out-patient dispensing and chemotherapy services. The regional pharmacy provides services to remote health centres giving you the opportunity to deliver clinical pharmacy services to patients and staff living in the outback.
We have a strong commitment to professional development and will support the successful candidate to further their clinical skills.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest from pharmacists who are enthusiastic and motivated to join our pharmacy team.
Department Head: Genevieve Francais, Pharmacy Manager
The Northern Territory is a great place to live and work – there are any number of statistics to back this up. Like the fact that the Territory has a young multi cultural population, a rich culture, great schools and strong employment growth.
The climate is tropical and supports a relaxed, outdoor lifestyle. Spectacular natural attractions such as Litchfield and Kakadu National Parks and the Kimberley region which attract thousands of international tourists each year are within easy reach.
The Territory is building on it’s strengths to make the future even brighter and is filled with opportunity – for individuals and for families.
“The Northern Territory – come share our story”
How to ApplyVia this website
Contact: Ms Genevieve Francais Pharmacy Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org (08) 8973 9236