Job Code: MI261101
Employer: Mount Isa Hospital, North West Hospital and Health
Salary: Remuneration package of up to $127,965 p.a. (+ any other applicable allowances/benefits) comprising salary range of $104,227 - $112,155 p.a. (HP4), recreational leave loading (17.5%), and employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%). (Permanent full-time position)
Closing application date: 18/12/2017
- Deliver high level clinical Pharmacy services to patients / clients and concurrently provide clinical practice supervision to staff providing Pharmacy services throughout North West Hospital and Health Service.
- To be responsible for practice and service development, innovation and activities that improve clinical management in outreach services. To advance the capability of the multidisciplinary Pharmacy team to provide competent and safe care that meets or exceeds professional practice standards within the specialty of Pharmacy for the North West Hospital and Health Service.
- To be part of a team that actively contributes to patient safety by following policies, procedures and protocols of the North West Hospital and Health Service.
- To support continued improvement of health services by always participating in quality improvement opportunities.
- To excel in patient safety by active contribution to a framework of sound clinical governance.
- Undertake high level clinical Pharmacy duties within a work unit, exercising independent judgement and problem solving skills in matters beyond routine day to day practice with minimal direct clinical practice supervision.
- Provides clinical Pharmacy services to all areas within the North West Hospital and Health Service with a strong focus on outpatient medication reviews.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of clinical practices, procedures and protocols that support the continuum of care engaging cross-discipline referencing where relevant.
- Provide and supervise clinical Pharmacy services (which include oncology services) and general dispensing based upon current contemporary Pharmacy practice in accordance with current legislative and professional standards.
- Apply professional judgement to a complex caseload, adapting routine clinical practice based on valid and reliable evidence.
- Implement and manage quality activities to improve workflow and pharmacy practice in the outreach areas.
- Implement and provide clinical pharmacy services to the residents of NWHHS via the telehealth network and other innovative techniques
Communication / Team Participation:
- Participation in a multidisciplinary team including relevant ward rounds. Consult, collaborate and co-operate with multidisciplinary team members, and provide high level clinical advice to peers and relevant stakeholders.
- Provide independent general clinical advice to patients to assist decision making processes, providing a holistic and meaningful intervention.
- Promote Pharmacy to all relevant stakeholders and liaise with service providers and community organisations to develop community networks and resources. Participate in multidisciplinary team development including in-services and educational opportunities.
- Provide support to the organisation through negotiations with health partners under the supervision of the Director of Pharmacy.
Leadership / Work Management:
- Independently deliver Pharmacy services to the wider Health Service with demonstrated high level of skills and clinical experience, through professional development or formal qualifications.
- Provide management, support, skill enhancement and direction to pharmacy staff and students under the supervision of the Director of Pharmacy, to ensure the maintenance of professional standards and quality outcomes.
- Monitor and report on clinical practices and outcomes within clinical service area and actively participate in initiating, developing and implementing quality and service improvement activities that enhance the delivery
- Pharmacy services across North West Hospital and Health Service.
- Provide support to the Director of Pharmacy in matters of clinical governance and quality improvement.
We are committed to providing a wide range of rewarding career opportunities to our employees. Our health service offers generous remuneration packages and employment benefits which include salary sacrificing options, recreational leave loading, generous employer superannuation contribution, shift allowances, locality allowances, professional development assistance, flexible working arrangements, access to corporate discounts, staff wellness programs and the employee assistance program.
For additional information regarding additional benefits which may be offered/negotiated please contact the person nominated below.
You will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate the following key capabilities, knowledge and experience. Within the context of the responsibilities described above under ‘Your Role’, the ideal applicant will be someone who can demonstrate the following
- Demonstrated high level theoretical knowledge, expertise and skills in Pharmacy practice and a practical understanding of contemporary service requirements for maintaining an effective hospital Pharmacy service.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively liaise and communicate with patients, other health professionals and stakeholders, and provide high level advice in matters relating to clinical Pharmacy practice.
- Demonstrated ability to provide Pharmacy clinical services of a complex nature, where established principles, procedures and methods require some expansion, adaptation or modification.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, plan and evaluate local service improvement initiatives and provide clinical advice to professional and operational supervisors regarding service delivery and improvement opportunities and provide clinical supervision to other team members.
The Mount Isa Hospital Pharmacy Department provides medicines management services for inpatients, outpatients and day admitted patients in the North West Hospital and Health Service. Pharmacy services are provided through traditional services and telepharmacy services across the Hospital and Health Service.
A core function of the pharmacy department focuses on promoting the Quality Use of Medicine principles and safe medication practices through:
- Patient medication dispensing and counselling to inpatients and outpatients
- Medication history taking, reconciliation and medication chart review
- Provision of drug information to medical, nursing and allied health
- Therapeutic drug monitoring service
- Involvement in consultant ward rounds
- Patient education
- Management of supply of medicines and claims of Section 85 (PBS) and Section 100 medicines
- Support for indigenous health initiatives
- Training and ongoing education of staff and undergraduate students
The North West Hospital and Health Service covers an area of over 300,000 square kilometres and services the rural and remote communities within North Western Queensland and the Gulf of Carpentaria. The Health Service includes the City of Mount Isa and the towns and areas of Burketown, Camooweal, Cloncurry, Dajarra, Doomadgee, Julia Creek, Karumba, Normanton and Mornington Island.
Mount Isa is a unique and progressive city nestled among the splendour of the Selwyn Ranges in the heart of North West Queensland. Once a raw frontier town built around the vast mineral resources, Mount Isa has grown into a thriving industrial and commercial centre renowned for its friendly and welcoming nature. Affectionately known as the ‘oasis of the outback,’ Mount Isa represents over 50 nationalities which give the city a unique cosmopolitan flavour. People enjoy living in this modern community, with restaurants, excellent health care, shopping, churches, clubs, service clubs and social activities. You will love the yearly carnival of festivities and celebrations including the Mount Isa Rodeo which is the largest rodeo in the southern hemisphere. Mount Isa is a great place to live and work!
How to ApplyVia this website
Further Information: Aleena Williams (07) 4744 4806