Job Code: MI259428
Employer: Mount Isa Hospital, North West Hospital and Health
Salary: Remuneration package of up to $127,965 p.a. (+ any other applicable allowances/benefits) comprising salary range of $104,227 - $112,155 p.a. (HP4), recreational leave loading (17.5%), and employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%). (Permanent full-time position)
Closing application date: 29/11/2017
- Deliver high level clinical Pharmacy services to patients / clients and provide leadership to staff within the Pharmacy Department as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Responsible for practice and service development, innovation and activities that improve the clinical management, services and capability of the multidisciplinary Pharmacy team to provide competent and safe care that meets or exceeds professional practice standards within the specialty of Pharmacy for the North West Hospital and Health Service.
- To be part of a team that actively contributes to patient safety by following policies, procedures and protocols of the North West Hospital and Health Service.
- To support continued improvement of health services by always participating in quality improvement opportunities.
- To excel in patient safety by active contribution to a framework of sound clinical governance.
- Undertake high level clinical Pharmacy duties within a work unit, exercising independent judgement and problem solving skills in matters beyond routine day to day practice with minimal direct clinical practice supervision.
- Contribute to the development of clinical practices, procedures and protocols that support the continuum of care engaging cross-discipline referencing where relevant.
- Provide and supervise clinical Pharmacy services (which include oncology services) and general dispensing based upon current contemporary Pharmacy practice in accordance with current legislative and professional standards.
- Apply professional judgement to a complex caseload, adapting routine clinical practice based on valid and reliable evidence.
Communication / Team Participation:
- Participation in a multidisciplinary team including relevant ward rounds. Consult, collaborate and co-operate with multidisciplinary team members, and provide high level clinical advice to peers and relevant stakeholders.
- Provide independent general clinical advice to patients to assist decision making processes, providing a holistic and meaningful intervention.
- Promote Pharmacy to all relevant stakeholders and liaise with service providers and community organisations to develop community networks and resources. Participate in multidisciplinary team development including in-services and educational opportunities.
Leadership / Work Unit Management:
- Independently deliver Pharmacy services with demonstrated high level of skills and clinical experience, through professional development and formal qualifications.
- Actively manage a small clinical team including but not limited to participation in planning activities and service arrangements.
- Provide management, support, skill enhancement and direction to pharmacy staff and students, to ensure the maintenance of professional standards and quality outcomes.
- Act as line manager to clinical pharmacists within department including providing performance appraisals and development plans.
- Monitor and report on clinical practices and outcomes within clinical service area and actively participate in initiating, developing and implementing quality and service improvement activities that enhance the delivery of Pharmacy services.
- Provide support to the Director of Pharmacy to maintain clinical governance and quality improvements.
- Actively participate in a working environment supporting quality human resource management practices including employment equity, anti-discrimination, workplace health and safety and ethical behaviour.
- Follow defined service quality standards, occupational health and safety policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe services and workplaces.
- Fulfil the responsibilities of this role in accordance with Queensland Public Service Values.
The Mount Isa Hospital Pharmacy Department provides medicines management services for inpatients, outpatients and day admitted patients in the North West Hospital and Health Service, including facilities located off-site.
A core function of the pharmacy department focuses on promoting the Quality Use of Medicine principles and safe medication practices through:
- Patient medication dispensing and counselling to inpatients and outpatients;
- Medication history taking, reconciliation and medication chart review;
- Provision of drug information to medical, nursing and allied health;
- Therapeutic drug monitoring service;
- Involvement in consultant ward rounds,
- Patient education;
- Management of supply of medicines and claims of Section 85 (PBS) and Section 100 medicines
The North West Hospital and Health Service covers an area of over 300,000 square kilometres and services the rural and remote communities within North Western Queensland and the Gulf of Carpentaria. The Health Service includes the City of Mount Isa and the towns and areas of Burketown, Camooweal, Cloncurry, Dajarra, Doomadgee, Julia Creek, Karumba, Normanton and Mornington Island.
Mount Isa is a unique and progressive city nestled among the splendour of the Selwyn Ranges in the heart of North West Queensland. Once a raw frontier town built around the vast mineral resources, Mount Isa has grown into a thriving industrial and commercial centre renowned for its friendly and welcoming nature. Affectionately known as the ‘oasis of the outback,’ Mount Isa represents over 50 nationalities which give the city a unique cosmopolitan flavour. People enjoy living in this modern community, with restaurants, excellent health care, shopping, churches, clubs, service clubs and social activities. You will love the yearly carnival of festivities and celebrations including the Mount Isa Rodeo which is the largest rodeo in the southern hemisphere. Mount Isa is a great place to live and work!
How to ApplyVia this website
Further Information: Aleena Williams (07) 4744 4835