Job Code: HPS1944 #473
Employer: HPS Pharmacies
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
Closing application date: 27/11/2017
Based at John Fawkner Private Hospital in Coburg
- Newly created, full time position
- Exciting Management Opportunity
- Oncology and manufacturing focus
HPS and its network of pharmacies supply a wide range of pharmacy services to health facilities, including private hospitals, public hospitals, cancer centres, correctional facilities and specialist clinics.
Servicing over 280 clients nationally, we have the expertise to deliver a wide range of pharmacy services including; dispensary services, pharmaceutical product supply, inventory management, opioid management, clinical services, continued professional education and support, complex compounding – including oncology services and specialist consultancy services.
We offer a specialised blend of knowledge, innovation and industry practice, all tailored to ensure the highest degree of integrated patient care in full support of our client’s commercial needs.
At HPS, our dynamic and progressive teams pride ourselves on providing the highest quality pharmaceutical and professional healthcare to our clients and patients every time, all the time. We believe that our people are unique and perform the extraordinary every day.
We are currently seeking a suitably qualified candidate for our newly created Pharmacist-in-Charge role, based at John Fawkner Private Hospital in Coburg. The role is a full time position and available immediately.
The Pharmacist-in-Charge will lead a small team of experienced staff, with the support of an off-site Pharmacy Manager. The role requires strong commercial acumen, proven leadership and management skills to lead and develop the team in the provision of contemporary, consistent and cost effective oncology pharmacy services.
The role requires the preparation of cytotoxic medications, clinical screening of oncology and haematology protocols and the provision of a clinical pharmacy service with drug information and education and managing clinical trials/compassionate access programs.
This full time role is accountable for:
- Developing and ensuring profitable site operations, in accordance with contractual and legislative requirements and HPS’s strategic objectives and KPIs
- Lead, develop, motivate and mentor a team of oncology pharmacists and technicians to deliver consistent high quality services
- Manufacturing of sterile and non-sterile pharmaceuticals according to stringent aseptic manufacturing standards set out by Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guidelines
- Develop and ensure adherence to robust policies and procedures that enhances the operational efficiency and quality output of the manufacturing site.
- Maintain and develop client relationships
- Dispensing and checking prescriptions in accordance with PBS regulations
You will possess the following attributes:
- Strong business acumen and commercial focus
- Excellent communication and client management skills
- Proven experience in effectively leading, motivating and developing a team to achieve results
- Analytical thinking, judgement and the ability to develop appropriate solutions
- Hospital pharmacy experience with oncology and manufacturing skills are highly desirable
- Current AHPRA registration and relevant indemnity insurance
How to ApplyVia this website
Download this position description and apply directly: Further Information:
Contact: Stephen Hon, Pharmacy Manager, Stephen.Hon@hpspharmacies.com.au