Job Code: 21638
Employer: Austin Health
Salary: Grade 2 pharmacist as per Award
Closing application date: 27/08/2017
1. coordinating, collaborating and providing support of investigational drug service
2. providing accurate and timely dispensing of trial and trial related drugs; performing administrative responsibilities
3. providing direct supervision to technician and students; performing education and counselling to participants and their carers, medical and nursing staff and other pharmacists;
4. supporting the Oncology/ Cytotoxic compounding Pharmacist
Salary packaging, car parking at reasonable rates, financial support and encouragement to attend work-related conferences, on-site childcare, close to public transport.
Essential for Performance of the Position
1. Registered as a pharmacist with Australian Health Practitioners Registration Authority (AHPRA).
2. Practical knowledge of and experience in conducting clinical trials.
3. Previous hospital pharmacy experience.
4. Well developed clinical pharmacy knowledge.
5. Capacity to perform under pressure, to meet time constraints and determine work priorities.
6. Effective and courteous communication skills.
7. Proven ability to use initiative, identify and solve problems.
8. Proven ability to forward plan, establish and complete targets.
9. Customer focus approach to work and service quality.
10. Reliable and show due care and attention to accuracy and detail.
11. Proficient in computer applications
12. A commitment to Austin Health values: Integrity, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
Selection Criteria (highly desirable):
1. Previous hospital experience in clinical trials.
2. Previous hospital experience in haematology and oncology.
3. Previous experience in compounding.
4. Post-graduate qualifications (pharmacy related).
5. A broad range of experience in hospital pharmacy.
The Pharmacy Department provides comprehensive high quality pharmaceutical care to Austin Health patients and supports other members of the healthcare team in all aspects of medicines management. The Department consists of about 100 full time equivalent staff over 3 campuses within Austin Health. The team consists of pharmacists and technical and support personnel who work together to ensure patients receive the highest quality pharmaceutical care possible. We aim for quality use of medicines by providing clinically focussed services and giving patient safety the highest priority.
The Pharmacy Department has representatives on all Committees from Medication Management perspective. This includes Medication Management Committee, Drugs and Therapeutics Committee, Adverse Drug Reaction Committee, Cytotoxic Safety Committee, Cerner Medication Module Governance Committee, Drugs Trials Sub-Committee and Nursing Medication Administration Working Party.
Clinical pharmacy services to all inpatients, outpatients and other clinical areas including the Emergency Department and Operating Suite
Ambulatory pharmacy services
Manufacturing of sterile preparations, intravenous admixtures and non-sterile production (including repackaging).
Cytotoxic reconstitution and compounding
Clinical Trial Services
Quality Use of Medicines
Opioid Replacement Therapy
Hospital in the Home
Teaching and supervision to intern pharmacists and pharmacy students
Victorian Poisons Information Centre
How to ApplyFurther Information:
Contact: Lynn Maggs 03 9496 3170