Job Code: REQ9761
Employer: Murrumbidgee Local Health District - Corowa Hospital and Mercy Care Albury
Salary: Salary range $ 67,383 - $ 101,263 pro rata and dependent on experience
Closing application date: 15/01/2018
About the role:
This new and exciting 4 day a week role is a permanent part time opportunity working across two locations and organisations, including Corowa Hospital and Mercy Care Albury. Primarily based at Corowa, the successful candidate will also be required to be located at Mercy Care in Albury working a four hour shift twice a week. The role may also support other MLHD hospitals in the border region.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide a comprehensive clinical pharmacy service to each facility with a focus on medication safety in conjunction with implementing innovative rural pharmacy initiatives.
What can you expect?
- Variety a plenty with opportunities to work in two terrific facilities
- An autonomous, yet supported role
- Challenging and interesting work
- Part time – an opportunity to get some balance in your world
- Access to a fitness passport- subsidised gym and pool memberships
What are we looking for?
We are seeking a candidate with:
- A Bachelor of Pharmacy (Aust. Recognised) with current and unrestricted AHPRA Pharmacy Board registration
- An unrestricted Class C Drivers License valid in Australia and a willingness to travel around our local health district
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of clinical pharmacy services in a hospital setting
- Demonstrated understanding of contemporary practice in clinical pharmacy, quality use of medicines and knowledge of relevant state and national polices that facilitate medication safety
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously
Corowa Health Service is part of Murrumbidgee Local Health District and is a 55 bed facility including 31 residential aged care, 18 acute, 3 ED and 1 Resuscitation bed. Services include acute, medical, emergency, surgical and aged care. There are also a range of community health nursing and allied health services including physiotherapy, OT, dietetics, speech pathology and drug and alcohol counselling are also provided onsite.
Mercy Care Albury is 50 bed sub-acute health service providing geriatric evaluation and management with a 20 bed inpatient unit, 10 bed inpatient and community based integrated palliative care service, 20 bed inpatient and 5 community bed transitional care, a day therapy unit, ACAT and parent and baby unit.
How to ApplyVia this website
Contact: John Carroll, John.Carroll@health.nsw.gov.au 0450 783 106